getting my son to sleep in his own bed

please just advice im a first time mom and i wont do it again lol we were living with my husbands parents helping them with there bills and his dad had cancer so we were helping with him too we only had one bedroom for the three of us and our son slept with me he is two now and we have our own place and i need help getting him use to sleeping in his own bed he will cry for about a hr and then finally fall asleep in his bed but i feel awful that he crys forever and i will go comfort him but it makes it worse when i walk in the room

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:57 AM on Mar. 1, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• honey it will take a tad of time for him to get used to being in his own bed. he is gonna cry, he wants to make you come to him and to give in to him. but if you need your own adult space and bed, then you are gonna have to grit your teeth and bear the crying till he gets used to this new idea.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 3:07 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• should i keep going in and comforting him or should i try something different i have been doing this for over a month and never gave in yet
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:15 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• I just went thru it with my daughter. We moved across country and she would scream bloody murder in her bed in our new place so for a week or so she slept with me now we have her in a littl ebed right next to us, in another week or so we will try her bed again.
    Just takes times just have to work them off of the habit.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:17 AM on Mar. 1, 2010