Is breasts pain and itching in early pregnancy a sign of breast cancer???

I found out I am pregnant and my breasts aren't sore to the touch but they get sore like on the inside and my nipples get tingly and tight. They have now started itching horribly. I have been told by a friend that is a mom I should get checked for breast cancer because that's what it could be because what I am going through is abnormal...now she has me worried. I have my first doctors appt on Thursday but now I'm scared.

ofcourseithurts

Asked by ofcourseithurts at 3:51 AM on Mar. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• they should check u at ur 1st visit but itching is normal cuz they r changing
    monroemommyof2

Answer by monroemommyof2 at 3:53 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• itching is okay, soreness and change in colour also normal. ask your dr but I would say all fine. The pituitary gland is telling them they are going to have a new job, and all the nerve endings are having a little party. The only other concern could be thrush, very common on the nipples of pregnant/breastfeeding Moms. Ask Dr but it wouldn't be asking your friend for too much advice here. HUGS
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 5:04 AM on Mar. 1, 2010