Cat Knows I'm Pregnant?

I took a positive hpt about a week ago, I haven't even been to the doctor yet. My cat is my baby and she is spoiled might I add. She is now very, very affectionate. All she wants to do is curl up in my lap in positions that are as awkward as possible. While in my lap she just cry, crys, looks up at me--and crys. Lol I think its cute/funny. Is it possible she knows I'm pregnant or is she just feeling sweet? Also she wants to sleep near me every single night and usually she could care less.

ofcourseithurts

Asked by ofcourseithurts at 4:07 AM on Mar. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• how old is she? could she be going in to heat! LOL but sometimes our furry babies do know something is up
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 4:10 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• Lol. She going on 3 years in August. Usually when she goes into heat she doesn't want to be touched. And she just rolls on the floor and cries. Lol even now she's in my lap sleeping. I find it adorable! Lol
    ofcourseithurts

Answer by ofcourseithurts at 4:12 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• LOL well at 3 she is pretty bonded to you, so seems to me she knows something special is going on
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 4:15 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• Lol. Do you think she'll be jealous?
    ofcourseithurts

Answer by ofcourseithurts at 4:16 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• Lol. Sounds like she definitly knows! She's careful not to step on your belly. That's cute! This is my first so I think every thing is just adorable! Lol how old is your cat?
    ofcourseithurts

Answer by ofcourseithurts at 4:20 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• maybe your cat just need attention
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:22 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• awww probably not. it will be an adjustment certainly. is she clawed? that would be my only real concern. she might accidentally scratch a baby or infant not meaning too. i suggest that once the baby is born, that you keep her seperated for a few days and only let her around the room with the baby when you are present. have her sleep say in the bathroom or another room you can close the door and keep her in at night. but give her a baby blanket that the baby has slept in. let her get used to the baby's scent. it will be less scary for the kitty then.
    My cats were very curious, but mostly left my youngest alone. as he got older they learned to stay out of arms reach. the only weird thing is that cats like milk be it breast of formula. so dont be surprised if you catch your cat licking your babys face LOL
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 4:23 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• My Luna is also very cuddly and needy now and has been since Christmas (I'm 28 weeks) she used to be very independent and now I can't keep her out of my bed no matter what I do! I've had to set a few people straight who've told me, "You have to get rid of her when the baby comes." Get "rid" of her?! Like she's chicken gone bad, ugh!
    Tkelly3

Answer by Tkelly3 at 4:24 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• Anonymous if I said she's spoiled then obviously she doesn't need attention. Cats don't get spoiled by you not giving them attention.
    ofcourseithurts

Answer by ofcourseithurts at 4:26 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• why would someone have to get rid of thier cat cause of a baby? LOL unless someone owns a very aggresive unfriendly cat, there is no reason to have to get rid of a beloved pet when a baby comes unless of course the baby has severe allergies or something.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 4:26 AM on Mar. 1, 2010