Hi, my baby is now 3 months old and i was exclusively breasfeeding her, now I went back to work and she's refusing to take the bottle. What should I do regarding this? I started feeding her cerelac during the time I'm at work is that ok? Please answer me.

LittleJana

Asked by LittleJana at 5:11 AM on Mar. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Could be a texture thing. Have you tried different nipples?
    oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 5:25 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• This is much too early for cereal; hold off on solids until six months. Take the time to do some research on child nutrition (you will probably not give your child any cereal).
    You need to have someone else give her the bottle, when you are not around.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:35 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• i would also hold of on solids right now. you are already introducing something new, ie a bottle instead of the breast. i woudl also suggest trying different nipples as well as discussing it with your pediatrician. he or she might have some useful advice on this
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 5:56 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• American Academy of Pediatrics says no solids until 6 months to prevent food allergies. Try a sippy cup or cup with a straw.
    momx3gx1b

Answer by momx3gx1b at 6:27 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• You can use a small cup, or spoon (the baby will lap it up like a kitten) or eye dropper. We did that for 8 weeks as I went back to work part time one week after she was born. We then used the Adiri bottle. She won't take bottles from me and I don't ive them unless she's finishing off some when I get home from work. She'll take milk with one of the previous mehtods. She may decide though, as some babies do, to wait for you to come home.

I agree no cereal. She's too young.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 8:40 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• It's also common for babies to "reverse cycle", which means that they nurse A LOT at night/when you are home, and go a long stretch while you are apart. As long as you're changing 6-8 diapers in a 24 hr period, this is fine.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 1:06 PM on Mar. 1, 2010