1st time my son has actually thrown up more than once.....

My son has been sick before and only thrown up once when he was about 10 months old. Well last night he went to bed fine and was acting fine but at 3:30 this morning he woke up crying cover in throw up. My husband and I cleaned him up and changed his bedding and all and I gave him so gas meds and a lil bit of benydryl and some water to drink along with using the bulb on his noes. Well an hour later he is sick again. I'm not sure if its allergies, viral, or something he ate just yet or possibly teething (he is 14 months old) What can I give him to help his tummy feel better if he continues to throw up?

leann74016

Asked by leann74016 at 6:05 AM on Mar. 1, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• aww honey, poor you and poor him!! i would stick to easy to eat stuff today. bananas, plain toast or teething biscuits, apple sauce. peeps usually use that stuff for when a child has dyarhea(sp) but it can help sooth a tummy too. if he will eat anyways. dont sweat it if he wont. just make sure he stays hydrated . it could be any of the thingsyou mentioned or even a combo of more than one thing. if he starts not having wet diapers though, i would definitely get him in to a Dr. i woudl give your Dr a call in a few hours anyways.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 6:10 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• It's usually best to not give him anything for an hour after he throws up. The stomach is still calming down and anything that goes in it will come right back up. It could be a number of things. Something he ate didn't agree with him. It could be teeth, or alleriges. After an hour just give him some crackers (saltines) to nibble on and warm 7 up to sip on.
    oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 6:11 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• cool sips of water, icy pole tubes (they take longer to finish, so it is like sipping water) a cup of crushed ice. I would keep any food to very simple - crackers, plain cookie, toast with a smidge of butterIf he doesn't want to eat that is fine. It is very important to keep up his fluid intake, and otherwise it is a waiting game. Plenty of towels, clean sheets, warm bathes and snuggles will help him feel better, a fruit cup cordial has a simple sugar base which will give him energy and won't require too much from the body to absorb it.
    Be super careful with handwashing! It is the no. one cause of transfer of infection, so unless you want to be throwing up in a few days, wash your hands carefully, he needs his own cup and spoon,
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 7:43 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• Aww poor baby, welcome to mommy hood. Just keep him hydrated. Little sips of water every 15-20 minutes. Someone mentioned crushed ICE, that's excellent as well. So are popsicles
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:04 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• My son threw up for the first time a couple of weeks ago. For him it was the milk I had just started him on. He was gassy and threw up 3 times in 1 day. So I didn't give him milk for a couple of days, I'm still breastfeeding and he loves cheese and yogurt so I kept out the milk for a little bit and he stopped throwing up. So I'm thinking it might be milk or even food that he's not used to eating. Good luck. I hope he feels better!
    crystal1480

Answer by crystal1480 at 10:14 AM on Mar. 1, 2010