At what age do you think a woman should stop wearing long hair? How short should she get it cut? Why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:47 AM on Mar. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i dont think there is any definitive age for having short hair. i have known several much older women who had hair much longer than mine. my mom is in her 80s and keeps saying i should cut my hair shoulder length or shorter. that long hair is for a younger woman. but i dont know. i have it somewhat shorter right now than i prefer, but that is cuase i have an active 6 year old who has a habit of either getting things in my hair or catching my hair. OUCH.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 6:50 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• My hair has been every length under the sun, but now that I am over 40 I think no longer than shoulder length looks appropriate. Shoulder length hair is still very versatile--can be worn up, in a low pony tail, or casual (bob cut). It's mature looking without looking "old lady like!" LOL I see women in their 50's and 60's with well maintained shoulder length hair, and it looks great on them--some color their hair while others look just as beautiful with natural silver gray.

I think over 40, really long hair looks like you're trying to be younger than you are.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:57 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• I dont think it matters... I am over 40 and have long hair. I get told I like much younger then I am. So I think I will continue to keep it long I like the thought of everyone thinking I am much look much younger then I am.
    sassy43082

Answer by sassy43082 at 7:31 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

•  Age is irrelevant, wear your hair however you want. 

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:18 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• I think it depends on the person I mean I see some women with long hair and they look beautiful but then there r some who it seriously looks terrible on I think if ppl want long hair they should really take care of it but if your in you later 30's early 40's and still wearing your hair in a pony tail or a bun its time to CHANGE the hair style alot of ppl r scared to go shorter but in my opinion shorter hair is easier to take care of and always looks styled unlike long hair that just lays there alot of women age themselves with the long hair
    AriandBellasmom

Answer by AriandBellasmom at 8:21 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• I don't think there is an age where you should start wearing your hair shorter. I'm 28 and I have been cutting my hair short since I was 18. It's because I have thin hair though and it is easier to take care of and looks better short. My mom on the other hand has long hair and it looks great on her. It makes her look younger I think and from comments made by other people I think they agree too (nobody can believe that she has 5 grandkids). I just think it depends on the person not the age.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 8:40 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• i'm not sure. I am 37 and I like my hair longer. I worry that if I allow it to grow too long that I will get that "old witch" or "hag" look. I think that if it's long and healthy looking there is a difference. Who knows what I will feel comfortable with as I age??
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 8:47 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• I think as long as a woman is taking care of her hair it can be as long a s she likes no matter what age. My friends mom is 64 and has long waist length hair and it's beautiful. She wears it in a long braid and she looks fine.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 9:23 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• I don't think there is an age rule regarding the length of hair written in stone anywhere. I think that it is up to each individual. I'm over 40, have very long hair and feel comfortable with it. I don't really worry what others think so long as I am okay with it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on Mar. 1, 2010