(Posted in another section, too.) At what age do you think a woman should stop wearing long hair? How short should she get it cut? Why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:52 AM on Mar. 1, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• i dont think you have to!!!! if you feel old with long hair then cut it, and same with short hair grow it!!!
    If you feel old your going to still feel old if its short or long, why not instead get a new colour or treat yourself to some new face products :)
    sunshine89

Answer by sunshine89 at 7:02 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• When she wants to cut it. My hair is longer now than it has been in 10 years. I had forgotten how good I look with long hair. I am 45, 46 tomorrow, and I love my long hair.
    TinaN64

Answer by TinaN64 at 7:21 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• I think it's a personal choice .. some people like long hair and some like short hairs .. but I don't think anyone has to cut their hair just because of their age. I'm 48, love my long hair and have no intention of ever cutting it (or of going gray). lol
    I have a friend who is 55 and her hair is down to her butt.
    MaryJacobs

Answer by MaryJacobs at 7:30 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• She isn't a man right?..lol whenever she wants to! It's deffinitally a choice of eaches own.'
    Stefono

Answer by Stefono at 7:35 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• I am 25, my hair is in the middle of my back, maybe a bit longer, (depends if I straiten it or not) I do plan on cutting my hair next weekend though, but becuase summer is coming up, and it is getting harder and harder to deal with, (right now) I don have time to take 20 mins to blow dry or straighten my hair, so I will just cut it a little past my sholders, it should be fine. I have been growinng my hair out for two years now.
    twinmamaof3

Answer by twinmamaof3 at 7:52 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• As long as she's taking care of it, it never "has" to be cut. Most women go short because of menopause (hot flashes) and because of how the texture changes when it starts to grow in gray. It's a convenience thing, not an age appropriate thing. Same reason soccer moms get that hideous Kate Gosselin haircut.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:07 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• I have promised myself that I will never have a short old lady hair do....ill take good care of my hair and hopefully be able to wear it long when im old and grey
    jlizgar

Answer by jlizgar at 8:08 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• Wear it however you want....whatever makes you happy! :)
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 8:13 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• Well, i'm 50 and just grew out short hair to long..a little bit longer than shoulder length. It makes me look younger. I'm going to keep it like this for a while. I take very good care of it because i color it....i'm fully gray if i don't, and despite it being a nice gray, gray ages you. I color it medium blonde, like i was originally, and it looks good. And if someone doesn't think so, well, that's THEIR problem! Ha Ha! By the time you are 50, you don't give a damn what other people think. It's very freeing!

char944

Answer by char944 at 8:17 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• Who the heck told you that you can't have long hair after a certain age?! There's nothing wrong with it at all unless you prefer it short.
    ShadowRaven

Answer by ShadowRaven at 8:21 AM on Mar. 1, 2010