Scared to death...decreased fetal movement..help!

I'm 28 weeks pregnant and I'm freaking out a bit. I was laying in bed last night and told my husband that I only remember feeling the baby move a little bit yesterday. This is our second child, and our first NEVER stopped moving. This one is much less active, but this decrease seems drastic. I tried eating and drinking a lot of water to get him to move more but I'm not having much luck. He has moved this morning, but very little.
My OB office opens in a bit, so I will be calling them ASAP. I was hoping to get some words of wisdom from you mom's!

Julians_Momma

Asked by Julians_Momma at 7:49 AM on Mar. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i dont know what to tell u, i'm in the same boat and i'm trying to stay calm, and i wonder if i'm over reacting?? my first never stopped moving either and with the second, i barely get movements. i went to the ob last month and she said everything was fine. i still hardly get movements but i'm getting insecure and i got alot of stomach pain. i'm worried but trying not to be. Maybe every baby's different???
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 8:08 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• when it seemed like my youngest had not moved in a while, i drank some very sugary koolaid. about a half hour later he was dancing a jig. fotunately you can see a dr very soon this morning i am sure honey!
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 8:15 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• I have a fetoscope for this situation. It's totally safe and you can hear the baby's heart beat any time-- no over-use is possible. Also, as soon as I put the bell on my tummy, she kicks it off.

Remember, it's getting cramped in there! You're in your 3rd trimester now so the baby is sleeping in regular intervals. The movements are more controlled. Your baby could just be enjoying the water quietly and resting. It was probably a lot of work to get into the comfy position your baby found. Why move?
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 8:21 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• Well all is well. I did however have to go to the hospital, which freaked me out when the doc told me that! This baby is so much more calm than my son, and he also sits posterior so chances are I will feel much less movement!
    Thanks for your concern!
    Julians_Momma

Answer by Julians_Momma at 5:18 PM on Mar. 1, 2010