Candyland Theme 2nd Birthday Party. Any Ideas?

My DD is turing 2 in November. We are plan ahead people, so we're starting now on gathering and making decor for her birthday, and plus I will be having our second child around the end of October, so I really need to have everything finished before then. If anyone has any ideas for decorations, games, things like that I'd greatly appreciate it. We will have the moonwalk and ballpit set up (we bought them for her 1st birthday) and I think we've decided to give Candyland board games as favors to the families, but I need another favor thats a thank you just for the kids. Anyhow, whatever ideas you have, I'd love to see them. Thanks so much.

wishwish

Asked by wishwish at 7:52 AM on Mar. 1, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Little buckets or boxes of inexpensive candy and cookies, maybe fruit bars if you'd like to put something nutritious in them. As far as decorations, maybe something from each of the stations in the game. or for game prizes- a kind of candy suiting the stations.
    Do I remember that molasses mountain was one? then the prize would be some kind of molasses flavored candy. Perhaps for the games each child could get a candy prize for participating and put it in their little bucket or box and this would be their favor- they would collect candy from all of the stations for the favor. Other ideas for decorations would be big candy canes that you make from poster paper, for the walls.

Answer by Bmat at 8:25 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• You could also make or order gingerbread men, decorated with frosting in the colors of the game tokens.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 8:53 AM on Mar. 1, 2010