Yahoo or Gmail

I just switched my internet company from the phone company to my cable company. Now I have to switch my email address for my Pampered Chef business. I was thinking of just using Yahoo or Gmail to create a new email account for my business so that if I ever switch internet providers again I won't have to do this new email address switch again.

Any thoughts out there on pros or cons for Yahoo vs. Gmail???

KMIassogna

Asked by KMIassogna at 8:56 AM on Mar. 1, 2010 in Money & Work

• GMAIL gets my vote, HANDS DOWN!!!
    Ann_Ony_Mouse

Answer by Ann_Ony_Mouse at 9:02 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• Oh...I suppose I should say WHY!!!
    Spam filter is better. It doesn't freeze up like yahoo does. You choose who can email you. It has more memory...Just better in general. I still have my yahoo accts-but I still like gmail much better.
    Ann_Ony_Mouse

Answer by Ann_Ony_Mouse at 9:04 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• I just switched from Yahoo to gmail. My boyfriend has been using gmail for years. I switched when I tried to email some pics to my boyfriend of the kids, and yahoo kept freezing and locking EVERYTHING up when I would try to email the pics. Then it started freezing anytime I tried to just type an email. gmail is much better...more storage, more options, cleaner look (in my opinion), easier to follow the conversation if you're emailing back and forth with someone extensively, and it has an option to delay sending an email so if you screw up, you have a brief window (if you realize right away) to stop the email before it's sent.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 9:10 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• I have both and like both of them. I'm on yahoo more bc of messenger but like both email services.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:16 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• GMAIL! I have both, but hate yahoo. I keep it bc of the messenger, but the email system blocks messages from other reps and ibos, and doesn't have as many easy extras to it...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:53 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• Personally, I found all the spam emails coming from sites such as Craigslist were all GMAIL. So, I blocked all GMAIL accounts from all my emails.
    Anonymous

• I have both! But I honestly think that yahoo is more user friendly.

Danielle
    http://www.momsforahealthyhome.com
    ddsunshine

Answer by ddsunshine at 5:55 PM on Mar. 1, 2010