Dyeing and Perming Eyelashes while Pregnant?

Please don't reply if you have never actually had either of the former done or do them reguarly as part of a career, Thank you.

I have had both done (in a salon, of course) while I was not pregnant, but I was wondering how it would, if at all, affect the baby during pregnancy.

I know that hairdye (and I think even a perm), is not suppose to affect pregnancy, especially after the 2nd trimester, so I assume eyelashes would be the same.

SamanthaCharlen

Asked by SamanthaCharlen at 9:16 AM on Mar. 1, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I wouldn't think it would be any different.

I know you said to not reply if you haven't had it done, but seriously......people dye their eyelashes? What? Too lazy to use a little mascara? Geez...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• Are there special less toxic chemicals for that? Who needs to perm their eye lashes? They make a curler clampy thing? Just what I need is my eyelashes curling in every possible direction like Shirley Temple. And mascara has been invented. Seriously, what a waste of time and money. Not to mention the possibility of going blind. How much to you have to pay somebody to get certified to apply such a chemical in such close proximity to the eye? Do they have to carry malpractice insurance?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• Did I ask not to answer if you have never had the former done, how ignorant. I won't even bother telling you why sometimes it NEEDS to be done. You obviously don't have the intelligence to understand it.
    SamanthaCharlen

Answer by SamanthaCharlen at 4:38 AM on Mar. 2, 2010