8 weeks pregnant, why are my legs numb?

Its like they're taking turns. At one point its the left, then its the right. Right now it is the right. Not the entire leg of course just like from the top to my mid-thigh region. Its really weird to me(this is my first pregnancy) and should I be showing by now? Besides being sick I feel/look the exact same way I did before pregnancy. In fact, someone even made a remark the other day that I was losing weight. I don't think I'm losing bÙt I'm most definitly not gaining. I also threw up bile all day yesterday and the day before. I even fell asleep in Dunkin Doughnuts after throwing up on their floor and a friend of mine who is a mother told me that's abnormal. Really? And my breasts itch horribly, she also said that is abnormal and sounds like I could have breast cancer! (Doctors appt on Thursday so don't tell me to see my doctor) Thanks!

ofcourseithurts

Asked by ofcourseithurts at 9:22 AM on Mar. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• So many women loss weight there first trimester. Because of being sick or smells can cause you want to want to eat. AS for falling asleep that is normal too. So are more then others. My SIL would fall asleep at stop lights. You body is working harder then before. Itchy breast not sure but I'm sure some have had that that too. Legs being numb is a pinched nerve. I recommend a Chiropractor for that. Good luck and Congratulations!!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:48 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• ok at 8 weeks u will not be showing at all, and unless u are really skinny you wont be until about 15 weeks. i lost 15 pounds in the first 3 months, but u will gain it all back. throwing up bile isnt that abnormal if u hadnt eaten anything before throwing up. if u ate and still threw up bile it may not be normal. being extra sleepy in the first few weeks is normal. itchy breasts are sooo normal...try using a thin layer of vaseline on them after u wash. your friend may be a mom but doesnt sound like she knows a lot about being pregnant. the legs going numb COULD actually be something going on...sound like a pinched nerve or at worse a blood clot but dont get too worked up about it. invest in the WHAT TO EXPECT WHILE EXPECTING book it tells u all the crazy shit that can go in when preggers! good luck and make sure to tell ur doc about the legs!
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 9:48 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• Lol. Thanks! Both of you! I didn't think I would show this soon but I'm anxious! Lol
    ofcourseithurts

Answer by ofcourseithurts at 9:52 AM on Mar. 1, 2010