What do I do!! My 10 yr old daughter shaved my 7 yrs old daughters (very dark and hairy) legs and a little on her arms when I was at work!!

SDmom30

Asked by SDmom30 at 9:54 AM on Mar. 1, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Theres nothing you can do other than explain that razors are very dangerous because they are so sharp and that if she does anything like that again she will be in big trouble.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• What can you do LOL.. I am sorry but that made me laugh. The hair can not be put back on and it sounds like what my mom did when she was younger. She had very dark, thick hair on her arms and legs. She shaved them also.. But as for her legs maybe it was really bothering the 7 year old and the older sis helped her out. As for the arm, she really shouldn't shave those anymore cause they can get thicker and darker.. Talk to the girls, talk to the 7 year old she may feel bad about it and really needs your help in understanding it is ok to be different from other girls.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:59 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• hm nothing you can do but laugh it off as something quirky kids do!
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 10:03 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• She actually had no problem with the hair, but now I am worried it will grow back even thicker than it already was. I am so upset with my older daughter, she didnt do it for any reason but to try out a razor on her younger sister, and the younger one just went along with it.
    SDmom30

Answer by SDmom30 at 10:04 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• Well, a 10 and 7 year old shouldn't have been left alone while you were at work. At 10 she should know how dangerous razors are! She could have seriously cut her sister. I think some consequences are in order. But as far as the hair, really nothing you can do.

Answer by missanc at 10:16 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• Who was watching them? Why was a 10 year old playing with a razor just to try it out? Granted she should not have done that but she shouldn't have had the chance to do it either.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• My husband was home with them cooking dinner for them and my other two little ones (4 and 1), I was so mad didnt find out till this morning and I got very mad at both of them the 10 yr old for doing it and that she could have cut her sister, and my 7 yr old for letting her do it. I just dont know what to do for consiquences for her doing that.
    SDmom30

Answer by SDmom30 at 10:32 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• I would explain to them how dangoerous that could have been and to punish them I would make them clean the bathroom..lol
    Me and my sister cut off our baby sisters hair when we were young and then glued it back on before mom woke up. When mom woke up she was so pissed he had to call my grandfather to come pick us up for for she beat the hell out of us lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• hide the razors
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 10:42 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• The damage is done only this time let them know that they shouldn't be doing this razors are dangerous if not used properly. Tell them it better not happen again or they'll be consequences to pay. GL

I started shaving my legs at 11 only bc my friends were doing it...lol I remember B E G G I N G my mom to sheave she kept saying no no no finally she gave in....lol but this is just to share with you and CM.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 10:46 AM on Mar. 1, 2010