Vicks for a 1 year old & coughing

According to the directions, BabyRub from Vicks is the only product she can use. Does it help with coughing? This is the last thing Im going to try before calling the doctor tomorrow.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Mar. 1, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Yes it should help. Ruc a little on her chest and back and neck. Then at night rub it on her feet and put socks on her. This helps a ton. Good luck. Also, a humidifier will help. Especially if the air is dry.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 10:12 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• Dont put it on the Chest . Put it on the feet and put socks on , then turn on the humidifier . I heard thia somewhere when my DD was little and tried it and it works like a charm . I dont know why it works but it does .
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• A lot of people don't know this but don't take her outside after you put it on her... it can cause pnemonia

I used the stuff that went in the bath when my kids were little to help with congestion. I'd call the nurse and ask what to do. Lots of flu's going around right now, and seems a lot of people are getting pnemonia.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 10:23 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• I agree with putting it on the feet with socks - my 19 MO had a bad cold and was very congested, so every night after his bath we slathered it on and put socks on. A few days later, he was over the cold but when I got him out of the tub to put on his pj's and socks he kept kicking and screaming at me. I let him up and asked him what his problem is - he grabbed the vicks off his dresser and flung it at me, then lay back down and stuck his feet in my face. *sigh* he didn't need it any more, so i pretended to rub it on and threw his socks on before he noticed that his feet didn't smell like menthol cherries :-)
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 10:55 AM on Mar. 1, 2010