Methodist religion

I am going to try to go to a Methodist religion. Their beliefs seem similar to mine.
Anyone attend one? Pros and cons?

thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Mar. 1, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I grew up Methodist. I like that they are positive and accepting, but ultimately I found that organized religion, in general is not my thing, but that's just me... if organized religion is what you want, I think the Methodists are a good choice =)
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 10:14 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• I also grew up Methodist. But after learning more about religion, I consider them luke warm. They are nice, but not very well grounded. Christian light. JMO If you like them, they are obviously feeding a need in you. Just don't be surprised if in 10-20 years you need more.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• I've attended a Methodist church for the last 15 years. I love it. I don't think they're luke warm or "Christian light". Sure, you don't hear a lot of hellfire and brimstone, but honestly, if you're in church you don't need to be scared into faith,do you? Chances are you already believe. I never got the point of trying to scare a congregation into believing every week, or filling them with guilt all the time. The whole point of the Gospel is that we can't be good enough... Not that I'm saying go and feel free to sin, its just that I don't think pastors who only concern themselves with alter calls really give the rest of the message, and I don't think a congregation needs to hear that week after week. But anyway, I've been to all sorts of different churches, from being baptized in the Catholic church to Pentecostalism to Methodism, and, honestly, out of all my experiences the Methodist denomination has been my favorite. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:02 PM on Mar. 1, 2010