Does anyone's baby have inverted nipples?

My son is 1 now and his nipples still go in. It looks like little holes, kind of. I asked his pediatrician if they will stay that way his whole life, but she couldn't give me an answer. He looks completely fine and normal, but my only concern is when he is older will they still look like that. Might be a little embarrassing for a teenage boy or man. Will they turn out or stay the same???

crystal1480

Asked by crystal1480 at 10:09 AM on Mar. 1, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Both of my boys are - in fact, my husbands are... It doesn't hurt anything, don't worry about it.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:16 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• ive always been told that they will pop out when there a bit older. honestly ive never seen or heard of adults having that problem.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• I don't think it causes boys as much concern as it does females... the only thing I've heard boys being teased about is big boobs and uncircumsizm. My nephew was so embarrassed by his, when he was 19 or 20 he got circumsized because of his friends in school giving him a hard time and apparently women were too... I'd have just changed women, not hurt myself like that lol
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 10:25 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• For boys it is only a cosmetic issue, but for girls it can cause issues with breastfeeding as mothers. My hubby and all three of his siblings were born that way according to my MIL and still are that way to some degree. The girls are a little less pronounced now that they have both done things to force them out while nursing their children. It is actually very common in infants and often times they do correct on their own, but sometimes they don't.
    Anonymous

• I don't know about boys,sorry...my oldest dd had this issue when she was a baby...and still had it when she tried nursing her oldest son...again,sorry I couldn't be of help re: boys....I know there is a device for women...could a man/boy use it also?
    starrsun

Answer by starrsun at 12:43 PM on Mar. 1, 2010