Is this medical error? (posted before but no replies)

I requested my son's vaccine record. I got a letter from Department of Health with his vaccination record but to my concern there is a fine print at the end of the paper which says:

1.- "This immunization event was an extra dose since it occurred after this series was completed."

2.- "This immunization event occurred prior to the recommended age or recommended interval dose."

What could this mean for my child?

(My child has received his vaccines since he was 3 days old, (he is 7 now) he is up to date with his vaccines for a total of 39 vaccines including the flu vaccines)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Mar. 1, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Technically, no, those wouldn't be considered medical errors, at least not ones you could sue for unless you could prove that your child was harmed by those events.

As far as what those two statements mean, the first one simply states that your child got an extra dose of whichever vaccine the footnote was attached to. The extra dose was probably harmless and, to be honest, you'll never really know unless your son experienced an adverse event directly after receiving that particular vaccination. The second statement means that the vaccine was given at the incorrect time, so there is a chance that it didn't "take", so you may want to get the titre for that particular vaccine checked to be sure that your child has developed the expected number of antibodies.
    Anonymous

• I dunno, call his doc and ask. I wouldn't be overly concerned with it though. The vaccine rules change daily it seems
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:50 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• 3 DAYS OLD? That's just nuts. No wonder all these kids nowadays are having medical problems. That is way too soon to start vaccines. 3 months is as early as I'd even consider and why are there so many?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• why are there so many?

My son is unable to digest food properly and they keep telling me that is genetic. I have a younger child and he is not vaccinated and he is in good health (touch wood). I'm one of the mothers who thought that doctors knew everything but realizing that the in not all what it seems to be.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• op here.

Answering to the pp: According to the document this is a number that came up after counting keep in mind that MMR are three vaccines and DPT are three vaccines together.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• Is the info preprinted, maybe like a footnote? I suspect that it's not an event that occured but something that they would some how code if it DID occur... like with a star or something.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:40 PM on Mar. 1, 2010