Actions speak louder than words, does it sound like he still loves me?

Good things: He goes out of his way to get me things I want when we can. It's not often, but when he can he does.
He says he loves me at least a few times a week.
He's still attracted to me because he always wants sex.
He does without so me & the kids don't have to.

Bad Things: He will not watch our kids when I need a break.
He goes out with his friend a few times a month but never takes me and our kids out because we don't have the money, his friend pays for him.
He gets mad at me when I tell him I'm lonely because he's always on his video game.
He generally won't do stuff for me when I ask him to, but gets mad if I tell him to do stuff by himself: Like get his own food out, or change the baby.
He will watch his brothers gf 5 kids who aren't even related, and watch his crackheaded sisters kids but not our own.
He doesn't want to help me with our kids even when he's home. I feed, dress, change and play with them by myself. Answer Question

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Mar. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• Maybe he thinks that you're better with them than he is?
    Weird on watching the other kids but not his own, is one of his own a small baby? A lot of guys are afraid of little babies... is funny to me, but so true. My hubby was petrified of our daughter till she got bigger.
    I choose my battles with my hubby... when I need some me time, I go to the bathroom and linger while he's in the living room with the kids (well that was then... now they can open the door and hunt me down lol).
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 11:12 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• Sounds to me like he still loves you, and just either isn't sure what his role should be with the kids, or feels that you do better with them than he does. I'd stop asking him to take care of the kids, and just put him in a situation where he has to. Decide you're out of milk, and tell him you're running to the store, be right back, and hey, watch the kids. Then go to the store. Or just flat out tell him you need a break, and he needs to watch the kids so you can have a break. I like to sometimes make it a joke ("If you don't watch the kids for me, I'm going to completely lose my mind and you're going to wake up to find me sitting in the corner, stabbing little voodoo dolls of you."). I don't think that his love for you should really be in question, though. Also, the getting stuff out...does he work and you sah? I know a lot of women on here complain that he thinks they do nothing in that case...might want to correct that.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 11:26 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• What you have said sounds very normal to me atleast but I don't get the part on why does he have to watch other kids unless of course he is getting paid and not to mention he really doesn't have to do to much with these kids bc they are not his. Now ya'lls kids are a different story maybe he feels he has to do some actual work with them bc they are his flesh and blood.
    But everything else sounds normal. Just look at it this way be happy you have a man like that bc it could be worse he sounds like a really sweet guy and he makes you and ya'lls kids happy. I have one of those and yes we have our days too but I would not trade him or our kids for the world. GL Whenever something negative comes up try to solve it right then don't let it linger.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 11:41 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• Except for the crack head sister part your hubby sounds like my hubby. Well mine doesn't go out at all except with his dad to play golf but still... Anyways, I am firmly secure that they love us. They are simply immature. I am giving mine a bit more time to grow into the parent/hubby role as a first priority. They just take more time than we do in growing up. Hang in there =)
    Anonymous

• Sounds like he loves you and likes kids in general but maybe wasn't ready to be a father. Was having kids a decision you two made together/were they planned?
    Anonymous