so ive worked retail for almost 7 yrs but now i think i should go to school I am turning 27 in march , is it too late to go to school? I feel too old to go now, I never really knew what I wanted to study that was the main reason I didn't right after high school, but now I know I want to study human resources, and accounting, has anyone started school this old?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Mar. 1, 2010 in

• It's never to late. I have not completed my college education in accounting, and I still plan on going back when all my kids are in school. More and more people are going back later, also, I've noticed there's a wider age range usually in the evening classes, if that will make you feel more comfortable. I suggest talking with a counselor, they're a huge help in getting you started.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 11:12 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• LOL! Sorry =- 27 is so NOT old! Just remember sweetie, you are never going to be as young as you are today! Do it!
    Sometimes it takes a min. to figure out what you want to do in life.

Hey - It took me into my 40's before I figured out I wanted a baby!
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 11:13 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• *a school counselor
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 11:13 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• I had some college right after high school, but I didn't finish at that time. I started back when I was a few months shy of 27, and I graduated when I was 29. I had more responsibilities when I went back to school, but I was also much more focused and determined; I knew what I wanted and I knew I didn't have time to goof off.  I felt "too old" sometimes when I talked to college students who were younger and without kids and responsibilities, but I was rarely the oldest person in any of my classes.  I say go for it, and the sooner the better.  Good luck!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• Too old, ha.. I am 34 and just graduated. It is never to late to better yourself and your family.. Several women in my classes were in their 50's. Never too old..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 11:58 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• 27 is old!? Gads! I must be ancient, then, because I didn't start college until I was 32. I had a dual major and managed to graduate cum laude, all while raising a family (one child with special needs), taking care of my home, and working two part time jobs. My only help was the neighbor down the street who would babysit for free.

Sweetie, if I could do all that, I'm sure you'll be just fine!
    Anonymous

• you are never too old! honestly, it is best to wait until you do have a better idea off what you want from a career. education is expensive!
    good luck to you and your future!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:57 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• It is definately not too late. I went back at 30 and became a police officer. I left the job when I got pregnant with number 3 to become a stay at home mom. Good luck.
    Anonymous

• Its never too late! Many graduate well in their 30's and 40's and older! I was 25 when I started back with my generals and I was like my goodness I am old! LOL Then after all my generals I had a 4 yr wait list to start the xray tech program at my local community college. NOW at age 31 I just started and will be 33 when I graduate. I have learned many are my age in the program and older so NO NEVER TOO OLD! Sometimes if you been out a while it seems that way.
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 10:05 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• My mom went back to school at nearly 50. Took some computer programming classes and got a new job that pretty much doubled her income.
    Anonymous