Do you live pay check to pay check?

I was just looking at a question about how much people spend on groceries each month and lots of people were saying "well, DH gets paid twice a month so we shop after he gets paid...or the only thing I ever run out of is diapers"

It got me to thinking...do you live pay check to pay check? can you only go to the store sometimes after pay day? do you have to wait on a check beofre you can buy groceries?

we are blessed right now that I can go whenever- it isn't depending on if my husband gets paid or not. and luckily, we have a little in savings although not a lot.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Mar. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• We have been very blessed, my dh and I do not live paycheck to paycheck. I have lived paycheck to paycheck on an extremely tight budget, had to buy only the necessities and only shopped at Save a lot or Aldis.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• We don't really live paycheck to paycheck. My husband is not paid until Friday but I am able to make our mortgage payment today. I also need to run to the store to pick up groceries for the next two weeks. We live well below our means so we usually have extra after bills, mortgage, groceries, gas, insurance, investments, savings and retirement are all paid. Took us a few years to get to this point but it has helped us so much.  When my husband lost his job 4 years ago we were fine until he found a new job.

momtolucas2002

Answer by momtolucas2002 at 11:23 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• No...we are paid weekly and that makes it easy, but we always have money at the end of the week, too
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:42 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• No, but I can't just spend whatever I want, whenever I want either. I do wait for pay day to go grocery shopping etc, but I almost never run out of things because I stock up on things and then buy them again when they go on sale.

Usually whatever money we have is alloted to something. I budget our money, so once I go grocery shopping I usually don't go again that week (I go weekly). We put money into education savings for our kids every month; retirement savings; we have emergency savings; anything we want can be budgeted in and saved for in a short period of time; and if anything happened unexpectedly that required a chunk of money we wouldn't be SOL. We don't rack up consumer debt. A lot of my bills are automatically withdrawn from our account and that money is usually sitting in there weeks ahead of when it will be withdrawn.
    IMO that is not living pay cheque to pay cheque, but I still budget.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:03 AM on Mar. 2, 2010