would you report it?

I live in an apartment with my daughter. The guy we live next door to went to school with me. I'm 23, he's 21. Here lately they have been getting rowdy. Every weekend they bring coolers of beer to his apartment. The thing that really bothers me is he has bunches of people over, most of whom are 17-19 (they went to school with my sister). So underage drinking. They get totally wasted almost every weekend, and are very noisy. Then they all leave around 4am, so I would assume they are driving drunk as well. I feel bad reporting him because I do know them, but at the same time he's breaking the law, them being noisy is keeping my daughter up at night, and driving drunk can hurt other people. Would you report this? I kind of feel like its none of my business, but their decisions are affecting us now, & if someone died because of them driving drunk, I'd feel guilty later. Thanks for your advice!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Mar. 1, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I'd definitely report it.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 11:22 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• just so you know, on a police report you will be listed as calling, unless you make a completely anonymous call from a phone that is in no way linked to you. It is public record, all he has to do is look at the police report to know that you called. IF you do, then make sure that you cover your @$$, so it does not come back to bite you.

If you feel convicted, then call. You're the only one who can make that decision.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:23 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• Have you tried talking to him yet? It could be as simple as asking him to keep the noise level down, or asking him to keep it at certain hours.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• Before reporting it, I would talk to them or leave a note. Or, I would make a complaint to the complex. If all else fails, I would get the law involved.
    Anonymous

• I'd report it asap. My sister was killed by an 18yr old drunk driver. If someone had reported that this kid was drinking, she could still be alive. They know the laws and the consequences, and yet they are still doing it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• anon :27 talking to them to keep the noise level down is not going to stop people from driving drunk
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• Anon :27 here - I did not say anything about the noise level. I meant talking to them about the WHOLE situation. Thank you for comprehending...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• there are 2 anon:27's........
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• Oh!! My bad, then.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• I am the other anon 27. Calling the cops is not going to keep people from driving drunk either. It might just make problems worse.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Mar. 1, 2010