Annoyed...

OK. I was on the depo shot. I took it twice. My last one was supposed to be in November but I didn't get it. I have been feeling prego for like almost two months . I haven't real;ly had a real period since like forever ago. I took like 4 home pts but all said neg. My friend told me that hormones left over from the shot can cause a false negative. Is this true? Could I be prego and not know it?

Peekalou

Asked by Peekalou at 11:20 AM on Mar. 1, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Don't know about the false negative, but coming off the shot is horrible. I had 3 (9 months) and it caused me horrible problems while on it and so I quit and it was almost another 6 months after I was due for the 4th one that I finally felt normal and had a regular cycle again. My doc never said anything about false negatives the couple times I called her because of the symptoms and lack of a period I was having after stopping the shot.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 11:31 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• that happened to a close friend.. SHe was 5m pregnant and on the DEPO shot. she kept getting false negs and when she finally came back they did a blood test and sure enough she was over half way done with her pregnancy.. if your concerened or feel you are pregnant at all i'd go to your doc and get a blood test done to determine if your preggo... GL!!!
    shorty_18

Answer by shorty_18 at 2:42 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• well i took the shot 3 times the last one was in may 08. it took me a full year to get my period and then another 5 months for it to be normal. the depo shot really effs women up.
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 3:38 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• Yeah I really regret ever getting on it
    Peekalou

Answer by Peekalou at 4:20 PM on Mar. 1, 2010