"Jordan" boys name or girls name? Which do you think of first?

When you hear the name Jordan (without having met the person) do you initially think it is a male name or a female name??

Note: This is PURELY out of curiosity..I'm not saying it should only be for one sex or the other.

ProudSingleMum

Asked by ProudSingleMum at 11:26 AM on Mar. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think boy off the bat.
    There is a brother/sister team on the amazing race right now. and they said "Jordan and Jeff" and honestly I thought about it 4 times wondering if I had heard that right because Jeff is not usually a feminine name....then it hit me JORDAN is the girl...not the guy. It's been a long day, haha.
    ProudSingleMum

Answer by ProudSingleMum at 11:27 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• I usually think male first, but if I later find out it's a female it doesn't surprise me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• I think it's a boys name, but it's gender neutral so I would never name my child that. I like names that are masculine or feminine sounding, no in between.
    Anonymous

• I think of it first as a boy's name, I really like it as a middle name for a girl though.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 11:28 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• I don't think boy or girl. I ask. I know that is a very unisex name..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 11:29 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• I think boy although the Duggars have a girl Jordyn LOL I have known both- I don't care for the name for either though
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• I think of girl, but that is because a cousin has a girl and we spend a decent amount of time with them. I don't assume anything about someone else though and ask if I need to know.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 11:34 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• i think of a girl..i was going to name my daughter jordyn (spelling it with a y
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• Girl
    Anonymous

• I think of a boy first. Probably just because my son has had 2 friends named Jordan.
    winkie_pinkie

Answer by winkie_pinkie at 11:42 AM on Mar. 1, 2010