Any tips?

I go to custody mediation tomorrow. Any advice? Im really nervous because I do honestly fear for my son's safety with his father. I know he will lie but how can I prove it because he would verbally abuse and make threats but nothing physical... yet.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Mar. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• Mediation is no big deal. I've been to mediation with my ex 3 times, and nothing was ever settled there. You don't have to agree to anything you feel uncomfortable with. Just know that if you don't agree in mediation, it will go to court and with no proof of abuse - the Judge will likely give him some sort of visitation. If you can agree to a minimum amount in mediation, it might be better than just handing off the decision to the court.

Answer by missanc at 1:14 PM on Mar. 1, 2010