I can't believe he said this to me!

My husband was *FALSELY* accused of child abuse on our 2nd child. It was one of those freak accidents that required a trip to the hospital and CPS got involved and turned it into something it wasn't. ANYWAY, he's not allowed to be around our kids right now because of it so me and our 3 kids have been living with my parents. It was only suppose to be temporary while this mess got settled, and now it's almost been a year and we're still waiting to see whether he's gonna be convicted or not. I told him it's time for him to get us a house of our own, and he said I just want a free ride that he has to pay for and can't live there. WTF?? I tried explaining to him that it's HIS responsibility to take care of us NOT MY PARENTS'!!! He just doesn't get it! Am I right here or am I missing something???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Mar. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• I'm the nutty one here but my guess is he's scared that he's going to be convicted and is trying to live as much as he can... BUT he should be spending time with his wife and kids as much as possible, even if it's in a "supervised" setting. It's possible he doesn't want to get the house because if he's convicted you'll be left holding all of the debt such as utilities etc.. and yea I can kinda see his point on paying for a house and all of the expenses when he's not allowed to live there but with any luck he'll be living there soon. So sad tho that kids can be beaten, burned, raped, molested, emotionally torn apart and they'll make them take some classes and resume life as normal, typically till the child is hurt beyond repair or dead (am NOT saying that your hubby did or didn't do what they're accusing him of), but to break a family apart without proof that it did indeed happen is wrong. I'd hold off on the house myself
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 1:09 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• I agree with you, it will be his place too as soon all of it is done. I agree as well that it is his job to take care of his family not your parents. Perhaps he is bitter because of all that is going on?
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 11:57 AM on Mar. 1, 2010

• Sounds like he got way too comfortable he needs to wake up and get back to reality. Is he acting as if he is single again..if so that is why slap him afew times he'll wake up...lol
    Anonymous

• Sounds like a lazy Sod!
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:05 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• OP:

He is kind of acting single. He goes out all the time because he doesn't have the kids home or me so he can do ANYTHING he wants WHENEVER HE WANTS! And believe me I would love to get a job but my oldest is 3 so there's no way I can afford to put them all in daycare right now. And yea it sucks that he would be paying for a place he can't live in but that's just how it is right now and we NEED to be on our own and stop living under my parents' roof! We're married for crying out loud and married people shouldn't live with their parents!
    Anonymous

• wtf? free ride?! hahaha, you could always get your own place without his help though and leave him bc it seems like he's making a miserable situation worse.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 12:13 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• This says a lot about his character and perhaps you should open your eyes to the CPS alligations. I bet they are true.
    Anonymous

• i dont understand women sometimes... i mean, according to YOU, its HIS responsibility to take care of you guys- you and the chilren. what about YOUR responsibility? does it not lie to your children? how about you get your own job, and get your own house, or at least work towards getting your own house? why does it always lie on him/the men?

WOMEN- step up and take charge of your own lives. you want something- go after it. DO NOT let the man make the rules, or go according to his plans.

are you even gonna help him with the house bills? sounds like you wont be.. and yea, to me- it seems like you'll be getting a free ride.
    Anonymous

• This says a lot about his character and perhaps you should open your eyes to the CPS alligations. I bet they are true. - Sorry but I am leaning towards this as well. Do you trust this man that refuses to take care of you and accuses you of wanting a "free ride" when he's the one who screwed up your happy family???

Anonymous

• Anon at 11:19 is an idiot. You are caring for your 3 children while you hubby goes out an parties! He wouldn't be happy if you decided to go out and get a job and make him pay child support and split daycare expenses, either. Sadly, It sounds like he is having fun being "single" doen't want to have a family to be responsible for anymore.
    winkie_pinkie

Answer by winkie_pinkie at 12:41 PM on Mar. 1, 2010