bowel movement please help

Ok i have been having constipation an like 3 days ago i had diarhea an now im constipated again an this time i cant really push i used a enema if thats how you spell it an i had a lil poop an it had mucus around it an thats been my poop for while an im terrified of what it could mean please with any answers help i dont know what to do..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:01 PM on Mar. 1, 2010 in Health

• are you dehydrated? That will help a lot of you drink tons of water and maybe apple juice will help you go too. Excersize, go for a walk will help get things moving too. I had this problem bad after I had my daughter. You can also take the fiber pills.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 12:04 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• Not enough fiber in our diet! If you go to the organic foods section, there is a tea called "Smooth Moves". A senna natural laxitive tea, and it is AMAZING. Taste pretty decent, too. I guarantee that will help. If it doesn't, call your doc IMMEDIATELY. Also, drink juice, V8, hot water(this helps too).
    Ann_Ony_Mouse

Answer by Ann_Ony_Mouse at 12:05 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• I would have to agree with the smooth move tea, I mix it with a berry tea because I don't like the taste. I would increase the amount of water and add some prune juice. I also had the same problem and I used a $35.00 cleanse called Prima Yurmb (SP?) for women it's a 14 plus day plan that really gets you back going regularly. I know it's prices but that's the ONLY thing that got me going pretty good and I don't have to use any thing else.Good luck.
    Anonymous

• Terrified of what it can mean? There is nothing to be terrified of.

Sometimes I go a week without a BM and then I have a big one. That doesn't mean I'm constipated. Just like babies can go several days without a BM but then look out it can be really big. That's normal for me. I eat a really high fiber diet.

Enemas aren't good for you. If you feel you must do something take a stool softener.

I agree with increasing water and fiber. Oatmeal is great. Kellogg's Fiber Plus Antioxidants bars taste great and have 35% of your daily fiber.

If you keep having problems or have a lot of pain you need to see a doctor to rule out things like irritable bowel syndrome.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:22 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• Try taking a probiotic like Align. GNC has a good one too. They're not cheap but they do work to balance out your digestive track.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 12:51 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• water and probiotics are a great idea for everyone. eat brown rice, try cutting dairy, eat as much fresh green veggies as you can!!! broccoli, greens like collards and kale in salads are wonderful for you!
    good luck!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:50 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• Gaill pooing once a week isn't good....pooing everyday IS. If you don't go everyday you are letting food ferment and rot inside of you.

I would get some ripe bananas (bananas with brown speckles) take 3-4 blend them with some water and some greens like spinach. That should help.
    Anonymous

• I also agree with making sure you are drinking plenty of water.
    Anonymous