boys and potty

I'm in the process of doing the 3 day method of potty training my son. We are using the big potty for him, with a smaller sit on it. He seems to enjoy being on it more. My husband said he heard the boys need to have there feet on something to learn to pee. Is this true??? I only wonder because when he goes pee on the big potty he looks like hes straining to go, but when he was on the little potty he never did that. i have a step stool for him but his feet dont touch it yet.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:04 PM on Mar. 1, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I have never heard of it before, but if you notice a difference then it may be the case for him. Just put a big phone book or something similar on the stool so his feet will reach something. Good luck!
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 12:06 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• My son didn't matter he was just scared of the big potty
    StefInfection

Answer by StefInfection at 12:08 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• My kids had no problems.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:12 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• My son didn't have any problem and I've never heard that before, but ??? You might wanna try the phone book on the stool thing to see if it makes a difference for you son, though. It can't hurt!
    winkie_pinkie

Answer by winkie_pinkie at 12:12 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• I don't know because I don't have boys, but it's worth trying anything to make him more comfortable. Good luck to you... I did the 3-day method with my first daughter and am now doing a modified version (because we don't have 3 straight days to stay home) with my second and we've been incredibly happy with the results. But I have found it's important to be open to different kinds of potties, different ways of sitting, different things they hold while sitting... my little one wants her pants and underwear stripped off each time, so we'll have to work on that later... But do whatever works, and see it through! He'll do great!
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 12:32 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• I should say, though, that I recently had a friend tell me that her boy liked sitting on the big potty facing the tank... so you could try that.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 12:33 PM on Mar. 1, 2010