question about c-sections?

I recently found out that one of my best friends is pregnant again and this will be her 5th c-section and I'm just worried because I didn't think you could have that many. Her doctor told her that he's had other patients who have had more than 5 c-sections and they've been just fine. So has anyone ever had 5 or more c-sections? I'm just worried about her and needing some info. thanks :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:22 PM on Mar. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had 2, and have always thought that 3 was the limit.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 12:24 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• It becomes risky after 2. I would encourage her to make a will. If it was me I wouldn't want to risk leaving my 4 kids without a mother and I would have an abortion.
    Anonymous

• i would encourage her to look into ican (international c-section awareness network). it might be that having a vaginal birth is an option? and it might be safer than repeat c-section? that is generally the case, but i'm not sure about after 4.
    Anonymous

• Anonymous why would you have an abortion? That makes no sense.
    ofcourseithurts

Answer by ofcourseithurts at 12:37 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• Yeah, Anon...It shouldn't even be a choice to have an abortion! It's not the unborns fault Mom chose to get pregnant again without checking out the risks involved with mulitple repeat C-sections! I have always heard three at the most. Her doctor told her it was okay because he is going to get paid bukoo dollars for every c-section he does. My doctor told me straight up, no more c-sections after my last baby. I've had 3!
    Anonymous

• here is a woman who has had 9 c-sections. i'm not saying it's "good", i think c-sections in general are risky, and i don't know much about the risks of a 3rd c-section vs. the risks of a 5th, but here it is anyway...

http://www.manymcdaniels.com/birthstories.html
    Anonymous

• My SIL had 3, and her dr told her that was it, that she shouldn't have anymore - so she had her tubes tied. I've never asked, because this will be my 2nd csection, and I will have 5 kids (in July) - more than enough for me!

Answer by missanc at 1:30 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• My mom had 4 c-sections. Of course that was back when they didn't know as much about the risk of them.

She's is fine and actually her easy recovery was the last one. I'm not saying that c-sections should be done with a medical NEED for them but I don't think she's signing her death certificate either.
    Anonymous