Does anyone else's birthday fall on or close to a holiday?

I get so frustrated every year because my birthday is the same week as St. Patrick's Day. I'm the oldest of my friends, so while I have a family and can't go out on the town anymore, most of them still like to celebrate St. Patty's like it's a big party. So, naturally, my b-day gets forgotten or simply mixed in with the St. Patty's celebration. *Sigh* Anyone else have to compete with a holiday?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:27 PM on Mar. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Every few years, I have to compete with Easter. My 16th birthday was ON Easter, and nobody said boo. Only 1 friend remembered. My 21st was the day before, so although I wanted to go to Vegas for the big 2-1, it just felt wrong to be there on Easter, so I didn't go. Easter has the best candy though, so it's hard to stay mad.

MIL was born on Christmas, so I have to remind myself that she has it worse, every year.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:42 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• Not me, but my daughter's is two days after Christmas. Poor kid. We always have a separate party for her so her birthday doesn't get lost in the holiday madness.
    lovinmystar

Answer by lovinmystar at 12:30 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• six days before christmas, and my parents had eight kids. i hate birthdays. i just turned twenty-five, so i'm not counting anymore lol
    AngryBob

Answer by AngryBob at 12:37 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• Mine is actually two days before Independence Day, so I always made it part of my birthday...when I was younger I always took my vacation days for my birthday and the fourth - and celebrated ME!! Not as much of a concern anymore....getting too old to count them anymore...plus most things are about the kids :)
    AngelaKay

Answer by AngelaKay at 12:42 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• my birthday is on valentines day. i made it very clear to my hubby that neither one is to be forgotten!!! haha... we usually do out to dinner and he gets me a gift of some sort... plus for whatever reason my family always made my b-day more important over the holiday... parents going out on dates on other nights, etc.
    i know what you mean by friends going out and still "having a good time". I just turned 21 and sometimes feel like I missed out on that freedom. But i wouldn't trade my son for anything.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 12:50 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• My daughter was born on Easter. Her bday has yet to fall on it again but if it does we will make it a huge deal becuase i think its special that she was born on easter!
    MamaSpurg

Answer by MamaSpurg at 12:55 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• this year,like every 6 years,my birthday is on thanksgiving!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 1:00 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• mines right at christmas time..it sucks
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:02 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• My daughters birthday is on the 4th of July
    Tummysmomma

Answer by Tummysmomma at 1:27 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• Mine IS on St. Patrick's Day and I love it. There's no comeptition. My family and I get all decked out for St. Ptrick's Day, head out to breakfast & then head in to Cleveland to find a spot on the parade route. After the parade it's lunch and then off for some drinks later on for hubs and I. I feel like everyone is partying WITH me. I get my cake, people buy me free drinks because it's my bday....I love it. No one has ever forgotten my bday either...it''s hard to forget since in my very Irish family we make a very big deal of St. Pat's Day. I also love meeting other people who share my bday....I run into several every year and that's cool. I also have a cousin who shares my bday, she was born on my 21st bday 22 years ago.
    Anonymous