Pregnancy after vacestomy?

Yes I'm a mother of 2 little boys, and during the second pregnancy my husband had a vacestomy. This has been almost 2 years now, but i'm having all the symptoms of being pregnant again. I've been researching everything trying to find out if this is even possible. If there is any moms that know i would to know myself! I'm freaking out & dont know if i should haha. Thank You!

2LilBoys07

Asked by 2LilBoys07 at 12:30 PM on Mar. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• The odds are low, but it's possible. My exhusband and his wife just had a baby about 2 1/2 years after his vasectomy. One side had healed in such a way that sperm were able to get through. He had it redone.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:33 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• It's very possible. We had our DD 26 months after his vas was done AND he'd had 2 tests that confirmed zero sperm, the last one being done only a few months before we got a positive pregnancy test. The urologist that performed the 2nd vas said there was fibrous scar tissue that had allowed sperm to get through.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 12:38 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• Thank you! I've just been trying to figure out if it was at all possible cuz i havn't been with anybody else(everyone ask that..lol) & i have missed a period. I'm usually right on the money with my cycle so for it to be over a week late now i'm freaking haha. I took a test about a week ago & it was negative, but i didn't get positive results with my other 2 children until i was 5 weeks or more along. I do appreciate your answers to this question cuz when u read the failure rate it says it's impossible & now i know other wise.
    2LilBoys07

Answer by 2LilBoys07 at 12:42 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• I know about the questions! DH had to field questions about whether I'd had an affair...I had 2 kids ages 2 and under AND 2 school age kids and he told the questioners that I didn't have time to have sex with HIM, let alone have time for an affair! LOL
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 12:59 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• LOL yes that was the first thing when i was reading the failure sites. They were sayin that most cases the wife is cheating & that's how she became pregnant. I know that i have not been with anyone else, & i'm like your husband haha. I barely have time for my husband let alone tryin' to go sneak around else where. I'm just ready to find out & know what is goin' on! I'm suppose to go 2 the doctor on the end of the month but if no sign of mother nature i might be goin' early lol
    2LilBoys07

Answer by 2LilBoys07 at 1:02 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• Yes it is possible. My brother's one former coworker got his wife pregnant after his vasectomy. It can self reverse.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 9:06 PM on Mar. 1, 2010