Feelings

My 16 year old son told me he is gay. I feel like he hates me so much for his life that he dose not want to be with a woman. I have so many negative emotions about this. I love him but am disgusted with this. I dont know who to talk to...really hard to talk to also.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:47 PM on Mar. 1, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• He tells you he's gay and all you think about is you.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:51 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• Gailll....no Im worried about him and how this will affect his life. However I must come to terms with my feelings and thoughts so that I can be a supportive mother to him.
    Anonymous

• if there's one thing you need to do, it's to be there for him. Even if you are completely against homosexuality. This boy is your son, and is at a very confusing point in his life right now. Believe me, you do NOT want him to grow through the next few years and not have you there for him. Please try not to make him feel like he is what is disgusting to you. Sit down with him and talk to him, tell him you don't understand and that is why you are having such a hard time accepting this. Trust me in this too, the fact that he told you in the first place speaks VOLUMES about how he feels about you. Don't be selfish about his decision either. A boy doesn't choose to be gay because he hates his mom. Men either do or don't like vaginas. He may choose to hate certain types of women if he's unhappy with who you are in his life. But he probably just finds himself attracted to men. BE there for him, or you will lose him.
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 12:53 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• First of all don't let the people on here make you feel bad for not wanting your son to be gay. It is your right. I too would be devestated. All I can tell you is to pray and get some counseling. Be there for your son and love him but you DO NOT have to love or accept his life style no matter what anyone says.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 12:58 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• Hun, that son of yours is still the same sweet boy you brought into this world, this confession does not change a thing, only his personal sexual orientation. I can tell you from experience that your support for him is imperative in his well being, it took a lot of guts to actually come out to you. In order to love him you must accept him for who he is, there is no changing, no therapy not counseling who will fix this, the sooner you realize this the better. Don't cut yourself out of his life, he needs you now more than he has ever.

This is not chosen and please do not beleive he is doing this because he hates you, it has nothing to do with you. Why is this so disgusting with you? would you think of your sons sex life if he hadn't told you? He is coming to you because most kids feel that their parents are the one persons that will not let him down, please do not dissapoint him, be there for him, and love him cont..

Answer by older at 8:39 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• unconditionally, his sexual orientation does not change who he is. Get yourself some education google info from many sources, parents just like you are out there waiting to share experiences. I have a gay daughter who is now 31, she came out to me at 17, I know how you feel, but always remember that he is your son above anything else, and this is not a disease he is going to die of. If I can be of any help to you, I will be more than glad to listen to your concerns. Just be there for him he really needs you now.

Answer by older at 8:44 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• rkoloms

Answer by rkoloms at 6:10 AM on Mar. 2, 2010