Please help anyone else experienced this?

I was wondering if anyone had run into this dilemma. My husband and I changed health insurances last Dec from Rocky Mountain HMO to Cofinity/Mega life The only thing was that it didn't cover maternity until after a year.
Well, we had our miracle baby already we didn't think twice about signing up. Well I guess miracles do happen more than once , I'm pregnant!. Now were trying to figure out what to do because it hasn't been a year and another insurance company has better rates but with them u have to be a member for 90 days before their maternity coverage kicks in & by then I believe it would be a pre-existing condition so they probably wouldn't cover it. They do have state assisted coverage but am pretty sure my hubby makes to much $$$ LOL (I wish). I made my first doc appointment tomorrow but don't know if I should go yet or try to figure this out. Anyone have ANY ideas I would be so grateful!!! Thanks in advance!

blondiesrule32

Asked by blondiesrule32 at 1:02 PM on Mar. 1, 2010 in Money & Work

• I was almost the same as you once, obs told me I had to pay for everything myself. Turned out I was not pregnant then.

Call your county and see if there's an ob clinic for women without health insurance -that's you for sure you don't have ob care. Most hospitals have ob clinics for uninsured women and also for underinsured women.

Try calling towns in your area too with less income overall in the town, they might have a clinic that you can get into.

When I thought I was pregnant and wasn't but without ob insurance, a few years later I had to drop my insurance entirely to save money.

The good news is that your ob care and your delivery care isn't covered but once your baby is born then baby will be covered in entirety.

Join the rest of the country in the mess of bad choices in life.
    Anonymous

• I don't have any advice, but I'd like to say CONGRATS!!! I miss being pregnant lol
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 1:34 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• I probably wouldn't go to the doctor until I could see if I could find a clinic. Also find out if your insurance will cover the baby from day one. It may not cover your expenses but find out if it will cover the baby. Have you ever considered home birth? That may be an option.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 7:12 PM on Mar. 1, 2010