CALLING ALL MOMS OF TEEN AGER'S -HEARTACHE IS PAINFUL ESPECIALLY WHEN IT IS YOUR CHILD THAT'S BREAKING IT!

I don't know about all Mom's out there, but Teen Age Years are especially difficult. I can't believe I sound like my Mother, and her Mother before her? Or are there Mom's out there that are in my boat right now? I want to hear your difficulties, challenges and if you have moments where you question if it's all a BAD DREAM?

I only have one child, that could be a Blessing and or a big OUCH in the Backside!
He was a great loving kid, no terrible two's, awards for "HONESTY" and now his word ain't worth a dime! I'm either in Outer Limits, or losing it all together? He has been given as much as possible, although I'm not rich, I worked hard, his dad two despite his drinking, we earned our work pay, gave him LOVE and things I never had, but did not spoil him. So why is he sabobataging his adulthood and believing his own stupid lies. Tough love applied... Share your stories it will help , TALK TO ME...REACH OUT..

csjoy1

Asked by csjoy1 at 1:19 PM on Mar. 1, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• hmmm maybe some counseling for son and you. My youngest is a teen, 17 and two kids in their twenties. My son is more hormonal than my daughters. When he's in love I'd rather face my two daughters when each has auntie flo.

Be consistent with your requirements of chores, grades, knowing whereabout and other parents and be consistent with punishment.

Is what he's demanding or wanting really that bad, is he wanting freedom that's logical for him to get with guidelines but you as mom are having a hard time adjusting to son growing up?

That happened to me and then I realized that the rules I want followed were not unreasonable in today's society and my teen follows them or chooses to be punished. Their choice.

Try giving him choices with freedom somewhat and chores, responsibilities of life or chores and punishment. His choice.
    Anonymous

• You did your job. Now let him find his own way. Just bc it's not the way you want him to be doesn't make him bad. He's testing life. He'll learn that it has consequences if he makes bad choices. He'll probably be fine.
    Anonymous

• Ahh- could write a book on this subject- with 2 grown kids,in their 20's now,but it all started in their teens. the short end of this is,I have 2 kids-I longer have contact with, they don't respect or have any kind of empathy,you gave them your all,(life,love, things,money,taught them right from -wrong) helped them,been there when sick,(I could go on) but this is the payback. You,didn't even think of doing even half of what you son is doing to you-- to your mother,grandmother (fathers)-but these kids are now different breeding. I thought it was ME- but as I talked to other MOMS about their kids,its the same story(maybe the water they drink?) All these kids-disrespect, have no remorse-and couldn't care less what you have done for them,they only care for themselves.You as many did what you could,now its time for them,they screw up-its their fault(but they blame you). Let him go&have a drink-you did good.
    Anonymous

• OH- and by the way- I had them in my 20's, Now going back thinking about kids- would NEVER have any- they are so not worth it,to much trouble-and I'm not the only one!
    Anonymous