Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My Marriage Is Over

I have been married to my husband for just over 4 months. Been together for almost 3. Our 2nd month of marriage, he had an incounter with another woman. He says he was taking advantage of. However, he lies to me alot, he never NEVER communicates with me. I get text messages and voicemail all the time from the other womans friend. Saying they talked last week or whatever. My husband tells and talks to all his friends but when he comes home, I get nothing. We hardly ever talk about anything than our son. I DON'T love my husband. I feel completely left out of my marriage. As if I'm not the one who is suppose to live in this life with him. I have no family or friends to go stay or live with. My family are on the other side of the US. My family is VERY poor. As I am poor to. I am a SAHM with no income. So to get up and move is nearly impossible as well as a divorce. It is my relgious belief that I am in favor of a divorce.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:36 PM on Mar. 1, 2010 in Relationships

Answers (14)
  • so whats the question?

    Answer by KristaRene at 1:40 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

  • With no help that I know of. With zero money to get away with. How do I get away from my life? How do I file for divorce? How do I get full custody of my son? How can I move to another state with no money and no help? My husband isn't all for this at all.

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:43 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

  • well you should go to a community center like community action and get financial help from them. they can help with a place to stay, getting a decent job, and they can also help with legal aid as well. why though, do you want to take your son away from him? Is he a bad daddy?


    Answer by KristaRene at 1:45 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

  • No but all my family live in a different state. I have no support out here. They haven't seen our son either. Why would I want to stay somewhere where I get nothing other than a roommate treatment? He only spends time with his son when I ask him to give him a bath. When I ask him to change his diaper. When I ask him if we can do a family thing. If I don't ask him to do things for or with our son, all he wants to do is sit in the chair with him not socialize much. Would you want to be some where where your not loved? You get no help with around the house or with your children? How would you handle being lied to all the time? How would you like to have an unconvers marriage?

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:49 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

  • you should start going to work and save some money. its good to have a seperate account from your husband incase of these things happen. as long he doesnt physically abuse you just stay in the house until you have a stable job. when that happens, divorce his ass.

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:53 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

  • no absolutely not. if you cannot fix the problems in your marriage you have no choice but to move on. but you do have a child with him and even though you may not have family around you really don't have the right to just take his son away from him because you want to. you chose to have a child with him and a child is a huge responsibility so now, even if your marriage doesn't work out you still have to do what is best for your son. not what's best for you. a child needs their dad. i am in the same situation and i live in a town where i am 1000 miles away from my closest family member and we live in a town with his whole family. i get jealous sometimes and don't think it is fair that my family doesn't get to see my children that often and i think about how much easier it would be if i had their help but the thing is it wouldn't be easier on my kids to not have their dad around. and this is where i chose to have kids


    Answer by KristaRene at 1:58 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

  • i chose to have kids with him, in this town and now i have to live with my decisions and do what's best for the kids.


    Answer by KristaRene at 1:59 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

  • I get unemployment. But since the job was part time with min wage I get nothing really. In one months time after paying all the bills in my name i got maybe 2 pennies to rub together. So I have that but if I don't pay my bills our electric,gas,water would get shut off. We are not amuish so it wouldn't work for us not to have these. Husband 'self' employed. But some how or another he's always got work to do but never has money to help me out much. He has rent money but thats about it. His bank accounts are always over drawn as well. Things don't really add up since I lost my license and car.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:00 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

  • so is it best to just sit around and and play house wife for a man that doesn't even say thank you? Or even reach out his hand to hold mine? Is it ok for my son to ask his daddy to play with him and him to say no i'm to tired each night? So I'm not really understanding. The only place I have to go out side this home with him is 1000's miles away.
    He is the reason I lost my license. He sold my car afterwards so we could move, so he could get away from his 'lady incounter' because things went bad with them and he didn't be so close. So I do EVERYTHING for him and I'm suppose to be easy on him just because we have a child together? He is the one who put me in this situation. I'm not trying to blame him but honestly maybe my problem is is that I simply do to much for him.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:06 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

  • I think I know how you feel.
    The best thing you can do is try to find a job and start accumulating your money, ASAP! Or, ask some favors from family and friends.
    Best of luck!

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:17 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.