how will i study online if i have a 2 yr child

I am thinking of doing associate degree that will take me 2yr in early childhood development education.....
has anyone any idea of this course ...
plz tell me if you have any information how tough is it....i am wondering if I can complete this or not?and tell me if I can have another child in these yrs or not???plz tell me

asatyal

Asked by asatyal at 1:43 PM on Mar. 1, 2010 in

• I don't have an early childhood education degree, but I do have both a 2 year degree and a 4 year degree in different areas. For my 2 year degree many of the classes were online and I just did them after my kids went to bed. I would not recommend another child while you are in school - both school and a new baby deserve as much of your time as you can give and if you're doing both, neither would get the best you can give.

Answer by missanc at 1:45 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• I have been in school online for 2 years. (I am getting my bachelors) I have a 2 1/2 year old and a 4 year old. They were 1 and 2 when I started school. If you have the ability to structure yourself, you can do it. It is not hard to do as long as you are prepared to make the time. If you can not disciple yourself, you will not be able to do it.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 1:46 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• My daughter is doing online too, but she doesn't have kids. I can tell you you still must be very disciplined even though on line.
    You study early morning before baby gets up, after baby in bed, when baby is at happiest time.

Can a teen or a parent take your child even in your own home aside to play for a bit for studying? Maybe someone through a church who loves kids, an older lady, would love to spend some time with a little one out of kindness?

Anonymous

• I was a single mom with 3 boys and went to grad school. I did almost all of my study time while they were asleep. I only need about 6 hours of sleep. I started when my youngest was 2.5.

I was married and an undergrad from the time my first was born until my second was 2.5. It was easy when I was married and I had someone to help.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:51 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• Well first you must multitask and if you aren't good at that you will struggle. Online you can work to a degree around your schedule but you must be organized and disciplined. I go to school FT with 3... ages 23mos, 5 and 6. I have been in school since my son the oldest was 5mos. My program is intense and currently I do 40 hr clinicals a week. I live on little sleep and multi task all the time. I study during functions they are at or as I wait for an appt. Its a matter of how bad you want it because if you do you will make it happen. I wouldn't suggest more kids till done if it was a choice because the more you have the harder it is and the more you juggle!
    Anonymous

• I started my masters program when i was 5 months pregnant. I never took off. I worked full time, and went to school. My daughters father sister helped me out alot by keeping my daughter on weekend and evenings while I finished school. It was hard but I finished this past december with my MEd and my daughter turned 2 in January. Its really hard but I think you have an advantage because she is already 2. She can entertain herself, feed herself and she not that hard to keep an eye on. Its alot easier than an infant, trust.
    lilmsnay83

Answer by lilmsnay83 at 3:01 AM on Mar. 2, 2010

• a 2yr ECED degree will only open some doors, you can work in daycare= maybe work your way up to running one (not fun imo) you can be a teachers assistant in primary school.... that is about it. if you want to be a certified classroom teacher you need the 4yr degree and to pass your state tests..... about studying with a small child - i would say nap time, after she goes to bed, and the idea of having a bunch of small children while you are trying to do school seems really hard to me. best of luck to you!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 1:13 PM on Mar. 2, 2010