will i ever have a home? (i need to vent)

so my husband had a house that he lost to foreclosure..i guesse i should say we, since i married him before the home foreclosed (i wasn't on the title, and he had the house way before he met me)..we've been renting places right now and have been for the past two years since we moved for hubby's job..i'm sick of it..hubby has horrible credit from his divorce, but i have decent credit w/out credit history, so we're screwed unless we find an owner financed house or even rental houses..which when we lived in our apartment we could find all over the place...but now we can't find any..we live in a duplex that the realtor is trying to sell, so tomorrow we could be out on the street (given notice of course, but with no where to move to). hubby said our price range is 100-150,00...and every house that we've looked at is WAY beyond that..even rental house where we know we won't be bothered until we have to sign another contract...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:23 PM on Mar. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• ...he doesn't like..he wants siomething newer..meaning it'll be out of our price range..our realtor who we rent through is an ass, and always complains to me that our house isn't clean enough when he shows it..it's clean, not spotless but clean..i have a 20 month old, what do you expect?!..ugghh so anyway, we're both ready for a house, and we can't find anything that isn't a dump..we're also trying to expnd our family, and we just can't find anything...will i ever get a house that we can afford??..uuggg..thanks for listening ladies.
    Anonymous

• I know exactly how you feel.
    Sometimes I think I'll be living in an apt. for the rest of my life...yeah, our credit isn't great, but it doesn't help that DH doesn't even seem to WANT a permanent place to live.
    Anonymous

• WOW! I feel like you've just told my story! Although our duplex isn't being sold, I've been down the same road as you. If I knew that the complex was being sold, I would contact the owner immediately to discuss what his/her plans are for the tenants. He may have a clause in the contract to sell that allows current tenants to remain tenants unless proven unfit by the new owner after purchase. Also, check your state laws. You could have rights.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 2:29 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• kenzie07: op here, the realtor assured us at first that it would strictly be sold as an investment property only..and the first couple that came to look at it, i asked if they would still rent it if they bought and they just looked at me like i was stupid..so then i contacted the realtor, and he then told me that it was a case by case situation..how low?! to actually tell us that we would not have to move, and then to say that it's possible that the ppl would be moving in..like i said, we would have no where to move if that happened.
    Anonymous

• So are you saying you want to stay in your house and have someone own it and rent it out to you?
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 3:19 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• no..we would like to own a home, but don't have the credit/history to get a loan hence we are looking for an owner financed home..and we're outgrowing our duplex as it is.
    Anonymous

• all i can say is u knew what u as getting into when u married him. only thing u can do is wait it out
    Anonymous

• was*
    3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 4:14 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• WOW! seriously anon 4:13?! i wasn't asking for your opinion, i just needed to vent..
    Anonymous