did you ladies drink soda or coffee?

i have 2 cans of soda a day usually. im going to ask my doctor about this tomorrow, i just wanted to hear from ou ladies. i check the caffenine contents and it adds up to about 82mg of caffenine per day. where as the doctor gave an okay of up to 3 cups of coffee per day is okay. do you agree?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:24 PM on Mar. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• my dr. told me one Grande americano has only 120mg of caffeine and and 8oz cup of homemade drip coffee has about 280-320 depending on how strong you make it....My point is it depends on what drink you are drinking and try not to go over 300mg in a day. include chocolate, tea, soda. I'm sure there are days that I have gone well over that amount....Try not to worry yourself, just try to cut back. And if your like me and you get headaches....just keep it under 300 mg. I'm sure you will have a healthy, strong, smatr baby...GOOD LUCK
    Anonymous

• I was told not to so I don't. But I know resently they say you can. But I have personally will not.
    Anonymous

• I was a soda drinker pre pregnancy, then when I was pregnant I craved water milk and juice. I would have a sprite b/c it wasn't caffeinated. But I didn't drink regular soda.
    Emma7-11-09

Answer by Emma7-11-09 at 2:27 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• 3 cups of coffee is a lot! im surprised they would ok that much. there is less caffiene in soda generally than coffee. w my ifrst my doc said 1 cup of coffee or up to 24oz caffinated soda.

some doctors still say no caffiene at all.

how far along are you? bc in the first trimester 1 1/2 to 2 cups of coffee a day more than doubles your risk for miscarriage. i do have caffiene, but not nearly 3 cups a day. like i said that really surprises me.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 2:27 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• i was told one normal sized cup of coffee per day was ok... but hun, you should cut back. all that sugar is bad for you anyway!!! not to mention the baby. stick to one can or one cup of coffee per day and leave it at that. switch to sparkling water if you have to.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 2:27 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• i have at least one can of soda a day. maybe once in a blue moon a coffee. The caffiene makes the babies heart rate sky rocket.. so no bueno. I had the GTT test done and just that amount of sugar made my daughters heart rate go up to 180+ scared the crap out of me lol... and i love caffiene so its been hard not to drink so much!!! :) GL
    shorty_18

Answer by shorty_18 at 2:29 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• imo caffeine is not great for babies. it gets into their system and it's not "good".

but i think the worst part about soda is the sugar, or artificial sweetener, or high fructose corn syrup in it. depending on what kind you are drinking.

i'm not trying to judge, that's just my opinion. i also drink soda. i try not to but i drink about 1 a day.

i think it's "ok" but not "good" if that makes sense :) i promise i'm not trying to be a hypocrite. it's kind of like i know it's not good to eat potato chips or french fries.... i would tell someone it's not ok for them to eat junk like that, but i wouldn't pretend it wasn't bad for them either =)
    Anonymous

• i dont drink coffee, i just have the 2 cans of soda and then the rest of the day its water or milk. my doctor didnt ok the 3 cups, it was in a 2008 edition of a pregnancy book that was given to me by the doctors office. so all together thru the day i have 24oz of caffeine. ~op
    Anonymous

• . i would tell someone it's not ok for them to eat junk like that, but i wouldn't pretend it wasn't bad for them either =)

i meant i wouldn't tell someone it's not ok. i would say it's ok, but not good. lol
    Anonymous

• caffiene is my last vice. i will never give it up
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 2:32 PM on Mar. 1, 2010