how long does a child spend spend time in a preschool?

asatyal

Asked by asatyal at 2:25 PM on Mar. 1, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Hours per day? Years?
    Miss_Kay

Answer by Miss_Kay at 2:47 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• It depends upon the child, and the school that you choose. Some preschools won't accept children until they are potty trained, others they have to be at least age 4 by Sept. 1st (in my area). There are a few schools that offer 2 day a week, and some that offer 3 days a week, and then some that offer 4-5 days a week. In my area these are all half-days, which are really only 2-3hrs. My older kids did 2 years of preschool, starting when they were about 3.5yrs. old.
    sarahmae3

Answer by sarahmae3 at 2:47 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• Like hours per day? Depends on the school. My kids Catholic school has a preschool for 3-5 year olds and it's 5 days a week and it's full day. They go the same hours as all the other kids (7:50am-2:10pm).
    My 3yo goes to preschool through the park district and it's twice a week for 2 hours each day.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 6:30 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• My kids went 2 days/week 4 hours/day when they were 2, 3 days/week 4 hours/day when they were 3, and 5 days/week 4 hours/day when they were 4; but it completely depends upon a parents choice of preschools and how many days they want to pay for.

Answer by missanc at 9:25 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• My daughter goes from 9-12 Mon-Friday and loves it. We only started doing this schedule in Jan before she was going 3 days a week. I think it depends on the age of the child and the maturity. I know a lot of people say that children should be with their parents and that "school" is bad at this age but that's up to them. My daughter had over 2 years with me and I figured now was the time that she needed to be with other children and develop the socialization that is crucial with this age.
    baboluchi56

Answer by baboluchi56 at 6:19 AM on Mar. 2, 2010