Is it possiable for a toddler to have fever in his head only? I know it sounds crazy! but, his head is 102 degrees but the rest of his body is normal....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:26 PM on Mar. 1, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would use the under the arm temp then. Body temp is what matters. Head is skin and bone if you took it on the forehead.

Some kids get really hot heads when they sleep. Wash his face with a cool cloth and wait awhile and see how he is.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:30 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• give him a luke warm bath, wait about half an hour, then check his body temp again. btw, i have to ask how you got his temp on his head? lol. i didn't know there was a way to do that.
    Anonymous

• I have one of those Temporal scanner thermometers. It is suppose to be the best.. Use check their temperature on their forehead... I know his head is always hot but, his entire body was hot earlier and its not hot anymore just his head! It went down to 100 and now its back up to 102 ...
    Anonymous

• His head is what is most important, you don't want the fever to cause brain damage. Give a lukewarm bath or use a cool wash cloth on his head!
    Anonymous