Disprove My Divinity.

It seems that according to theists, the only requirement for something to be true is that it is written down somewhere. This being the case, then I have a little enigma for them. An angel of the LORD came to me and said "God now speaks through you. All you write with your hands and speak with your lips will be absolute truth. You are now God incarnate." After that, a glorious chorus of angels sang of my glory and then ascended back into heaven. After that, I wrote an entirely new holy book, one that supersedes all others because, as we now know, it is the true word of God. This would meet all the theistic requirements for being considered true. So go on, prove I am not god. Otherwise, begin worshiping and presenting gifts to me immediately. I accept cash, checks, delectable foods, etc. etc. Oh and no animal or human sacrifices please. Disemboweling your pet goat Zippy or your friend Joe will in fact, make me sad.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:19 PM on Mar. 1, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• *snicker*
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:34 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• look around you GOD is everywhere you can see him

malarkey.

autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 6:18 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• Blasphemy is a victimless crime.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 6:36 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• you're on cafe mom....theory thus disproven......lol
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 3:47 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• anyone who claims to be God is not God... the bible teaches us that (aside from Jesus, who God said was his Son). Based upon my religion, that disproves you to be God. Also, there are to be no other prophets after Jesus' time.. ie no modern day prophets.
    Can you prove that God isn't God?
    If you were God you would be able to part the seas, read my mind, heal people, etc. I doubt you can.
    And um... I don't believe that just because something was written down means that it is true. I just happen to believe certain things are. The bible among other historical texts.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 4:43 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• Where did you get this from?
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 5:30 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• People making such claims for real helps identify these days we're all living in as the 'last days' (Matt.24:3-14).
    Verse 4 "Jesus said to them: “Look out that nobody misleads YOU; 5 for many will come on the basis of my name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will mislead many."
    Verses 23-25 "“Then if anyone says to you, ‘Look! Here is the Christ,’ or, ‘There!’ do not believe it. For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will give great signs and wonders so as to mislead, if possible, even the chosen ones. Look! I have forewarned you."

Think LynnB1 makes a fair point though :0}
    Greymulkin

Answer by Greymulkin at 5:52 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• First you must die and rise from the dead, and have many people, from different religions write about you and your many miracles over hundreds of years. 

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:28 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• Everyone is there own divnity...we all posess it...so I say, yes you are the divine. You are your own divine! It need not be proven to anyone but yourself.
    To be divine, we don't need the worship of others, or even others approval. We don't need others to vow themselves to us, to obey or anything of the kind. We simply need to be ourselves, and follow our hearts of love and caring. Our humanity is our divinity....IMO of course;)
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 6:34 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• This reminds me of the other question which claimed that mainly religious people make logical fallacies. This question is full of them and is based mainly on a "strawman" logical fallacy in "the only requirement for something to be true is that it is written down somewhere" is not remotly true for most religions.  

Anonymous