pregnancy tests

this may be dumb, but i really dont know.
are pregnancy test's dye supposed to get darker when it is positive? I keep getting faint positives ( well yesterday and today). Thanks for any responses.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:45 PM on Mar. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I got a faint positive on my first one and then I waited about a week beacuse my period still hadn't started and I got a DARK positive.
    Good luck!
    Anonymous

• Faint positives are still positive no matter what, it means that you have lower level of pregnancy hormone in your urine, this is why they say to test first thing in the morning it is more concentrated. The line will only get darker as your hormone levels rise. Is that what you needed to know?
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 3:47 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• nah they can be faint...they're designed for the positive to only begin to show up when you are pregnant...thats why the negative darkens first and then the positive...congrats!!!
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 3:47 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• Positives are Positives ") Congrats your pregnant! But you just may not be too far along.
    MaddysMommy7208

Answer by MaddysMommy7208 at 3:57 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• it depends on the test. i think some are just lighter than the control line. others will be darker the more "pregnant" you are.

but i agree with the others, a faint line is a line, congrats!
    Anonymous

• It is based on how high your HCG levels are. The earlier you are the lighter the line may be, if you test about a week later it will be darker, however a positive is a positive, so congratulations!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 4:37 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• I took 3. On the 1st, I got a blue DOT where the positive line should be, the nxt 1 I got a negative. Then, in the AM when I first woke up, I got a positive. My first appt is Thursday-scared to death she's gonna tell me I'm not pregnant. Good luck hun!
    ofcourseithurts

Answer by ofcourseithurts at 4:55 PM on Mar. 1, 2010