Why is it

that the people who insist there are plenty of jobs out there and people need to look, or plenty of jobs near them and people need to move, never once show up to say exactly where all those jobs are or do anything to help the thousands of CMs who are looking for work start looking in the right direction? Half the time they won't even put their name on the answer and use anon while claiming they are surrounded by jobs nobody wants or have spouses who are hiring and can't find anyone. Let's call it out right here. If there are jobs in your area - real full time ones, not work at home or scams or exotic dancer - give links to the companies that are hiring, including the city and state and how many they are hiring. Lets see how many jobs nobody wants are really out there.

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 3:47 PM on Mar. 1, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• None in my area.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 3:56 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• I'm going to post anon because I don't like broadcasting on the internet where I live (you can call me silly paranoid, I don't mind).

But here's the help wanted section of our local Newspaper. Provo UT. We don't have an exotic dance bar, so I know there's none of those listed, I'm not sure how many would be scams or work-at-home but it looks like about one or two listings per page (30 per page) are a little sketchy. At first glance, the rest look like companies I'm familiar with in the area.
    Anonymous

• Anonymous

• I live near a large hospital where I have worked and who is always hiring.. www.christianacare.org..There are jobs out there, you just have to be educated and have skills.. The days of working in factories and assembly lines and making good money are over..

kjfamily

Answer by kjfamily at 4:01 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• Anon - the majority of those are work at home ads or "job search assistance" services, meaning you pay them to find a job for you, eventually, after you pay enough.
    Anonymous

• So that's about 70 jobs so far, 20 of which, from kj's link, require advanced degrees and are located smack in the middle of 10%+ unemployment, so the chances of getting it over a local....
    Great start, at this rate people will have resources to knock out that 18% real unemployment we have going on in about 10 years.

These are the arguments behind "there are jobs, people just have to look"?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:13 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• Military is hiring every day !
    Anonymous

• Military is hiring every day !

If you are young enough and qualify
    Anonymous

• There isn't much out there, and my state has pretty low unemployment. I was out of work for 6 months, and I was looking for 6 months before that because I knew my business was closing. I emailed at least 20 resumes daily, pounded the pavement, I went on 5 or 6 interviews, got hired by a temp agency, but they didn't have anything available. I finally got hired, but now my hours are cut.

Also, many of the jobs I was applying for were paying barely above minimum wage, $9-$11 per hour.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 4:21 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• And willing to DIE, for nothing!
    Anonymous