All my married sisters: Do you ever feel that because YOU'RE the only woman your DH has a coveted right to look at, that you want to look your very best?

matobe

Asked by matobe at 3:51 PM on Mar. 1, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• i do, for me first and foremost and for him. certainly
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 3:53 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• Only if hes willing to do the same for me.
    Anonymous

• I like to look nice for myself, and for him, but let's not kid ourselves here, all men look at other women regardless.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 4:05 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

~

ditto
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 4:07 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• Well, such is true, but i was only trying to narrow the view here, and avoid the "he checks other people out" comments... : )
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 4:08 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• Well, no. I look my best because it makes ME feel good. And I don't think I am the only one he should look at... He's married, not dead!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:21 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    THIS!

Besides... I think many would cringe if they saw my dh's FB list...LOL....
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 4:26 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• My husband has the right to look at whomever or whatever he wants.  I look my best for myself and my husband appreciates my efforts.  It just so happens that other men appreciate my efforts too.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 4:34 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• i feel gross if i dont at least have a little makeup on or if im wearing sweats or whatever. i dont always "look nice"... mostly if i am sick or w/e... like today i have a terrible cold and its all i can do to drink some tea and hang out with my 18 month old.. so im in sweats and no makeup, hair in pony tail... otherwise yes i like ot look nice for my hubby... i dont want him thinking "why cant she look nice like the women at work?" or w/e... i dont think he would ever cheat... but i dont want him feeling bad abut me or embarrassed at his "frumpy" wife...lol
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 4:38 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• My DH likes me frumpy, lol, but I like to dress up for him. And I don't just mean hair, makeup, etc... I mean, it never really occurred to me until I listened to a sermon I missed from church (Our church is 2 hours away, and haven't found one we really want to stay at yet that is closer) that I really AM the only woman my DH wants to be with. Why wouldn't I want to look great and feel even better for him? (I really don't care what I look like for myself, lol, there are days I can realize, "I haven't looked in the mirror for a week!) It's hard to imagine, but I really don't!

I want to get to the gym, and I'd rather shut off my telephone to afford it! But I don't know anyone yet to go with, and I lack the motivation to do so on my own! But I'd love to look better for him, again!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 5:05 PM on Mar. 1, 2010