really worried please read!!!

DD is 15 months old and shes been teething for like the last 2 weeks and she has been refusing to eat much at all, the only things I can get her to eat the WHOLE day are oatmeal, peanut butter toast, applesauce, yogurt, cheerios and sometimes goldfish crackers or graham crackers, she will also drink two sippy cups of milk....but anything else I try to give her she wont open her mouth or she spits it right out. Now for the last 5 days shes been having diarrhea and its like a beige color and im scared because someone said that could be somehting really serious...but at the same time I was thinking isnt it because of the fact that the ONLY foods she will eat are ALL a beige color??? I called the Pedi and they said they have no openings and the nurses line will call me in the next 3 days..what a joke..I guess they dont think its very serious..so in the mean time I need someone to ease my mind!! anyone else have this happen?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:03 PM on Mar. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• My son was kinda the same way minus the runs. I would take her to a hospital otr something to be sure if it's bothering you to much. I heard that the craps are a part of teething tho so I don't know?
    Peekalou

Answer by Peekalou at 4:07 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• The diarrhea might not be from the teething but because she got something in her mouth that wasn't good for her. IE: she licked her hands after touching her butt, after a diaper change. There is something called lactobacillus. they sell it at Whole Foods or Wild Oats. Call them, see if they carry it in your area and ask for the granulas. It's the same stuf in yogurt. Give it to her in her milk, only half the packet. This will give her back the good bacteria she needs. She is probably losing her appetite do to the diarrhea. As long as she snacking thats good. Plenty of fluids and bannanas. Lactobacillus. Call a pharmacy. They will agree with me. My daughter is two and she had the same thing at 17 months and they told me to do the same thing. She'll be fine in a day or two. Soak her in a bath of baking soda water after each diaper change of diarrhea. Keep your head of mama.
    mrsmendoza2006

Answer by mrsmendoza2006 at 4:09 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• I wouldn't worry. All peds will say that as long as they are taking in fluids they are fine.....but since she's eating oatmeal and stuff she should be ok. I would try to give her something to firm up her poop....bananas, cheese ...something. Bananas are the best for that...even if it's the infant banana food mixed in with her oatmeal.
    do not give her apple juice, apple sauce or anything with apples in it, as apples make you have diareaha if they get too much. I know my daughter at that age would drink about 4 oz of apple juice and would automatically get diareaha....So cut that out alll together!
    She may be going through a picky eater phase as well...so don't sweat it if she sticks to only a couple things at a time. Just keep trying to get her to eat other things. Eventually she'll come around.

If she starts having high fevers or anything like that, then it'd be concerning...but low fevers b/c of the teething isn't ...
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 4:10 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• Is she cutting her eye teeth or what are called the stomach teeth? If so then the diarrehea is from them. And yes the color is probably from the color of food she is eating.
    oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 4:12 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• shes cutting the k-9 tooth, vampire tooth LOL whatever u call it...which is weird becuse she doesnt even have her top two yet..only her bottom...so I was surprised to see that one coming through
    Anonymous

• Sunflower Market also carry's the Lactobacillus and Walgreens will order it for you but it takes a day to get there because it's special order. Yogurt does not have enough in it to do the trick. You need the granula's to dissolve in her milk and only use a half a pack at a time. The diarrhea could last up to 7-10 days at a time so if you start the granula's it will help get rid of it faster. Keep it on hand and if they ever prescribe her antibiotics and she has a reaction and get's the runs this will help her. Good luck!
    mrsmendoza2006

Answer by mrsmendoza2006 at 4:15 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• isn't a worry....
    Keep an eye on her, if anything funky happens then call back. Even if a doc apt is a little ways off, schedule one anyway, so that if something does come up, at least it'll be sooner than another 3 weeks or whatever the wait is.
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 4:16 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• It's the stomach teeth. They cause mild fevers diarrhea and even upset stomachs. Keep liquids in her and bland food. In the mean time call and make an appointment it can never hurt.
    oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 4:30 PM on Mar. 1, 2010