really worried please read!!!

DD is 15 months old and shes been teething for like the last 2 weeks and she has been refusing to eat much at all, the only things I can get her to eat the WHOLE day are oatmeal, peanut butter toast, applesauce, yogurt, cheerios and sometimes goldfish crackers or graham crackers, she will also drink two sippy cups of milk....but anything else I try to give her she wont open her mouth or she spits it right out. Now for the last 5 days shes been having diarrhea and its like a beige color and im scared because someone said that could be somehting really serious...but at the same time I was thinking isnt it because of the fact that the ONLY foods she will eat are ALL a beige color??? I called the Pedi and they said they have no openings and the nurses line will call me in the next 3 days..what a joke..I guess they dont think its very serious..so in the mean time I need someone to ease my mind!! anyone else have this happen?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:05 PM on Mar. 1, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Have you been able to look into her mouth? Have you given her any ibuprofen or tylenol? Give her a popcicle or something cold to suck on.
    Anonymous

• Take her to urgent care.
    Anonymous

• It is normal for children to go through periods of not eatting what we feel they should. I would try popsicles like prior person suggested. Seems maybe she should be drinking more. But she will eat when she is hungry. I wouldn't worry too much yet. I am saying this, and I worry a lot! Some children get diarrhea when teething. But you wouldn't eat if you had tooth ache. Her gums are sore. Try chicken soup? But mothers know best. If you are worried never hurts to get her checked out. You have an express care facility around you area? Try pain relievers and oragel is she lets you (tastes nasty)! The things you can get her to eat are not bad choices as well!
    MommyPeck3

Answer by MommyPeck3 at 11:23 PM on Mar. 1, 2010