really worried please read!!!

DD is 15 months old and shes been teething for like the last 2 weeks and she has been refusing to eat much at all, the only things I can get her to eat the WHOLE day are oatmeal, peanut butter toast, applesauce, yogurt, cheerios and sometimes goldfish crackers or graham crackers, she will also drink two sippy cups of milk....but anything else I try to give her she wont open her mouth or she spits it right out. Now for the last 5 days shes been having diarrhea and its like a beige color and im scared because someone said that could be somehting really serious...but at the same time I was thinking isnt it because of the fact that the ONLY foods she will eat are ALL a beige color??? I called the Pedi and they said they have no openings and the nurses line will call me in the next 3 days..what a joke..I guess they dont think its very serious..so in the mean time I need someone to ease my mind!! anyone else have this happen?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:09 PM on Mar. 1, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• She is fine, the teething causes diarrhea, and a lower appetite. Get her some teething tablets, and she should feel better in a week or so.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 4:11 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• Thats plenty of food for her. Teething is tough on the little ones, let her eat what she wants but keep offering her a variety. She isn't going to hurt herself if she doesn't eat teh best for a week or 2.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 4:22 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• Teething causes diarrhea, and if she is not in pain or running a fever or getting dehydrated she is fine. And yes, if she eats a lot of food that is all the same color, her bowel movements will be that color. DD loves carrots, sweet potatoes, all things orange. You can imagine what her diapers looked like when she mainlined carrots! Keep offering her healthy foods and she'll be okay.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 4:44 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• Ditto to the last answers. Also, I added V8 to my little guy's diet when ever he wont eat much. He gets veggies and fruit if you give him the V8 splash. Just make sure he is well hydrated. Pedia lite pops are GREAT too to keep him hydrated and the cold will help with the teething.
    HuskerMommy08

Answer by HuskerMommy08 at 4:45 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• pedialyte
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 5:41 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• I keep the pantry stocked with gerber graduates smart sips for the days when DS wont eat anything. (V8 splash may contain a full serving of fruit and veggies but it is PACKED with sugar.) The Smart Sips dont have any more sugar than regular milk.
    Teething causes diarrhea because they are swallowing so much drool...just important to keep your baby hyrdated (diluting juice with 75 percent water should do the trick)
    Also, find a new pediatrician! What kind of Dr. doesnt offer same day sick visits?
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 6:21 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• My son had beige (or sand color) poop during/after a stomach virus, but don't jump to any conclusions yet, as the food can change the color of the poop. Just monitor it! CHANGE YOUR PED, and see if you can get her in somewhere just as a precaution. Bless your heart. Yes, pedialyte should help hydrate her. I haven't tried the smart sips - which sound like a good idea, but have also given my little one V8 Splash. (LIke the pp said, there is a lot of natural sugar - dilute with water!) Teething... ugh... root of evil!
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 8:17 AM on Mar. 2, 2010