Do you feel that married moms are better parents than single moms?

I'm a single mom btw, before I'm attacked. I've seen great single moms and horrible married moms, and vice versa. A post I read a while ago made me want to ask for opinions.

If you feel this way, or don't, please tell me why you feel the way you do.

benjamink

Asked by benjamink at 4:11 PM on Mar. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• Gosh no! lol Things like that really vary by person, you can't narrow it down to marital status, or financial status, or any other status. :)
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 4:13 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• It's all what you make of your situation, no matter the situation. I think single moms are pushed harder. They have to work for what they need/want and that makes them value what they have, and who they have in thier lives a lot more.
    I'm married, and I see a lot of single moms that are better moms than I could ever be!
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 4:18 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• HELL no!!! Not saying that single moms are BETTER than married moms or vice versa...it's something that is better defined by each situation! My dad's mother was married...and she would beat my father, prophilactically! Just because she was mad and wanted to hit something-and my dad happened to be there! Then there is my friend, who has three kids, and is a SPECTACULAR mother- without her ex!
    Anonymous

• Lol, I agree with Jessica. It does vary on how that person was raised and how that person chooses to act, and much much more. So it doesn't matter with the marital status much to me.
    Anonymous

• Sorry, getting a marriage certificate is not certification that you are a better parent, just married.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 4:21 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• I dont think it matters if your married or not, there can be wonderful and horrible of both
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 4:22 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• there are plenty of married moms who are bad moms....you're relationship status has no factor in your parenting abilities
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 4:23 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• As far as the mom herself goes - no.

Though I do think it's ideal for the kids if they can have a good daddy. (I know that's not always possible, and I don't mean that in a mean way at all).
    Anonymous

• It depends on the person not the situation. Because I too have seen horrible married moms and really great single moms and vice versa.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 4:25 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• The proof of your hard efforts are if your children are happy. 

Anonymous