How dilated do I need to be???

I am scheduled for a c-section, and I was sent to the hospital last week with contractions, they said if I continued to make progress they would go ahead with a c-section. Well the contractions stopped and they sent me home. I have an appointment in the morning and was wondering if I had made change if they would go ahead with the c-section? I was dilated to a 2 and had a slight change to 2.5 so I was just wondering if anyone had experienced anything like this...

thanks!

Rebecca727

Asked by Rebecca727 at 4:20 PM on Mar. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You really shouldn't have a c section without having some type of labor first it has been proven that contractions are good for the baby, they make the baby's internal systems function properly. I would say 4 cm is when they might. I still don't see why you can't wait until nature tells you it is time.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 4:27 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• i agree with PP. i was going to say you should really just wait until labor starts for real.

to answer your question though, it would really depend on the dr. imo a good dr would wait until labor had started for real before doing a necessary c-section. but lots of drs will schedule them before you are dilated at all, even before the due date, so there is a wide range.
    Anonymous

• I already have to have a c-section for medical reasons, so I am scheduled for the 15th.
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 4:33 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• Answered at 3:33 PM on Mar. 1, 2010 by:
    * Rebecca727
    I already have to have a c-section for medical reasons, so I am scheduled for the 15th.

i'm anon :33 and neither of us said you shouldn't have a c-section. i just assumed that it was for medical reasons. what we were saying is the c-section should be after labor begins :) gl!
    Anonymous