has any one had a pregnancy-related pain last from one pregnancy to the next? for me, right under my right breast?

i'm 23 weeks pregnant and my son is 2.5 years old.

i had a lot of rib pain with him, feet in the ribs. right under my right breast.

between pregnancies, i would sometimes notice that the area where i had all of the pain/pressure from his feet would be numb.

now that i'm 5 months pregnant, i'm feeling so uncomfortable in that very spot. as uncomfortable as i was at 8 months pregnant with my son! it sort of feels numb/tingly, but also just really uncomfortable, i can't really describe the feeling.

has anyone else experienced this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:21 PM on Mar. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• That is your gall bladder/ liver area. Report it to your doctor ASAP.
    Anonymous

• thanks anon! do you think even though it's not *pain* it could be that? i've been googling it.

-OP
    Anonymous

• I'm actually REALLY curious about this. You are the first one to tell me they had something similar to what I've been dealing with.

With my son I had horrible, stabbing pain under my right breast (and NO it's not my gull bladder...I don't have one of those anymore. LOL) that makes it uncomfortable to breath. It doesn't make it hard to breath...it just hurts when I do. I thought it was just the baby but it continued after he was born.

I've had ultra sounds of my liver, x-rays, a ct, an MRI and nothing showed up but it's still happening. I don't know what it is and I can't seem to find any answers.

Our cases may be completely different but it would be interesting to know what may be causing my pain.

If you find out...update us!!
    Anonymous

• anon, i googled some about discomfort and there were others saying they had pain or discomfort there and had different kinds of scans and couldn't find the problem! i really don't think mine is gall bladder either just because it doesn't *hurt*, it's just uncomfortable. i'll ask my midwife about it on thursday though. i hope you can solve your problem too!!!

-OP
    Anonymous

• I have an uncomfortable pain in the same spot...except I know it's my gallbladder since I know I have gallstones. Mine doesn't hurt either..it just causes me some discomfort. It's really annoying. Definitely mention it to your midwife and get it checked out!
    grooveybabe004

Answer by grooveybabe004 at 11:16 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

thanks! i did read some online where it would say it wasn't really pain... hmm... but it also goes away if i lay on my left side so i don't know if that means it's not gall stones. i'll talk to my midwife about it. thanks =)

-OP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:49 AM on Mar. 2, 2010