Low Sex Drive

I'm breastfeeding. My baby is 6 months old. I have a preschooler and a kindergartner.

I love my husband but I have NO sex drive. NONE! I force myself to have sex every weekend but my poor husband is having withdraws.

I tried you know...self pleasure....to see if that would enhance things....but it doesn't work. Nothing works. Toys...erotica...nothing.

I can't get 'wet' on my own either. We have to use lube every single time. I feel ashamed and worthless. What is wrong with my body?

I have an orgasm when we get going but I have to force myself to even start. I have no interest in foreplay or being touched. I seriously feel like I could go the rest of my life w/o sex and be perfectly fine.

What is wrong with me?

P.S. Please don't think this is a joke. I'm serious. I need help. If you'd rather PM just reply and I will PM you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:33 PM on Mar. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• When was the last time it was normal for you? Maybe it's time to go to the doctor it may be your hormones are just out of wack.
    bugandsmiles

Answer by bugandsmiles at 4:42 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• if you figure it out let me know, i have the exact problem except i have not orgsmed since last June. baby is 4mo, ebf
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:58 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• i have the same problem too.. but here's a suggestion- the more you get it, the more you want it. try going every night for a week- even if you are just forcing yourself. and see how it is afterwards. i cant do that with my SO since we dont live together, but its a rare occasion when he's here 3 nights in a row and by the time he's gotta leave- i am craving for him! lol

but if that doesnt work- go to the doctors. i go in may for other issues but i plan on talking to them about it. there's a lil pill for females that works like viagra.

PS- having 3 kids is A LOT of stress.. do you have time to de-stress yourself? also know that BFing gives the same type of chemical as you would when you have sex, so it lowers the sex drive.
    Shy_Dia

Answer by Shy_Dia at 5:13 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• hon, you have had a lot of babies rather close together and that will wack out anyones hormones. call your gyno and talk about the options and let them help you. This isnt something you are choosing hon and its very common-an treatable! good luck.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 5:45 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• I know exactly how you feel!  It's gotten a little better for me, but I don't know how. I guess it really is just a hormone thing.

Sometimes I will try to put myself in the mood by watching videos on redtube or reading erotica...doesn't always work, but I give it a shot for the DH.  If nothing else, I will "just do it."  I usually end up enjoying myself once I try to get into it.

Anonymous

• I fixed this problem, and this will sound odd, by doing yoga and meditative exercises.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 7:30 AM on Mar. 2, 2010